Cloud Practice Manager
Cloud Practice Manager
Who We Are
Burwood Group is not your average technology consulting firm. We are an innovative, culture-driven, industry leader and we are growing our team by leaps and bounds. Founded in 1997 in Chicago (and still headquartered here), we've grown to be a 200+ employee firm with people and offices spread from Southern California to NYC. Our specialty is closing the gap between business strategy and technology solutions. Our clients view Burwood as a trusted advisor and partner who can help them select the best technology for the job, manage and execute a first-rate implementation, and measure project success by the business outcomes achieved.
What You’ll Do
The Practice Manager role provides leadership and governance to ensure quality, continuity, and productivity of team members. The Practice Manager is involved in a wide spectrum of activities leading to the success and growth of the team and of Burwood Group as a whole.
Burwood’s people are the most vital part of our organization. As Practice Manager you would be directly involved in managing your team’s success and development.
- Manage various aspects of the employees’ demonstrated performance and career development and growth.
- Ensure team profitability and revenue goals are attained by maximizing potential of team members, driving project profitability, and meeting sales goals.
- Provide technical leadership, coaching and guidance to the project team resulting in project success and high client satisfaction.
- Assist in resolution of project related issues by serving as a point of escalation for quality and technical issues.
Business Development and Client Relationship Management
- Actively manage sales pipeline of team by engaging sales and architecture teams to drive solutions for team members.
- Participate in pre-sales activities and the proposal development process.
- Provide input into establishing project and client pricing based on project estimates, risk, profitability, etc.
- Participate and supports client action plans, process improvements and the strategic account planning process.
Who You Are
- You display leadership by creating an environment where your team wants to do its best!
- Your tenure and expertise makes you credible and capable of leading conversations/relationships at Director Level and above. You can develop and maintain client relationships at all levels.
- You have a solid tenure and expertise in your practice area, service delivery and client satisfaction.
- Your background makes you capable of managing the many projects and responsibilities that vie for your time.
- You are able to manage and oversee teams of varying size. You take pride in building and growing a strong team and seeing them succeed!
The Tech Stuff
Desired hands-on experience with one or more in each of the following:
- GCP, Azure, or AWS
- Velostrata, Terraform, or HyperGrid
- Docker or Kubernetes
- RISC Networks CloudScape
- VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V or Citrix XenServer
- VMware SRM, Veeam, or Zerto,
- Microsoft AD, Exchange, or Office 365
- Cisco UCS or HCE Compute
- Nutanix, Cisco, or HPE Hyperconverged Infrastructure
- Desired certifications: MCSE, RHCE, CCNA, VCP-DV or VCP-NV, GCP Cloud Architect
If you ask any of our employees here at Burwood “what we love”, the top answer is always the same: our culture. Our employees are driven, innovative, fun-loving, and always willing to help. In addition to that, Burwood also offers some fantastic benefits:
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) savings plan, complete with a company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability coverage
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and transit/parking expenses
- Access to financial planning expertise
We are not intent on being the largest company; but rather, the best. These are the words we live by. This means we welcome all of the best talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion and age.
Being open to all cultural backgrounds, life experiences, thoughts and ideas not only strengthens company culture but also encourages different-in-kind thinking and promotes economic success.