Network Security Consultant
Network Security Consultant
Who We Are
Burwood Group is not your average technology consulting firm. We are an innovative, culture-driven, industry leader and we are growing our team by leaps and bounds. Founded in 1997 in Chicago (and still headquartered here), we've grown to be a 200+ employee firm with people and offices spread from Southern California to NYC. Our specialty is closing the gap between business strategy and technology solutions. Our clients view Burwood as a trusted advisor and partner who can help them select the best technology for the job, manage and execute a first-rate implementation, and measure project success by the business outcomes achieved.
What You’ll Do
The Network Security Consultant is responsible for providing subject matter expertise to clients and project teams.
- Provide design, implementation and support expertise to clients and project teams
- Understand customer requirements and align with technology solutions
- Manage and execute project level tasks and milestones
- Ongoing evaluation and improvement of internal processes
- Stay current on market trends, technologies and best practices
Who You Are
- You have a strong IT and Consulting background.
- You have a proven track record of exceeding customer expectations and anticipating their needs.
- You are able to quickly adapt to a fast-paced sales and quality-based delivery model, work in a team-based environment and self-manage your time.
- You have excellent communications skill whether that be in-person, over-the-phone or e-mail.
- You don’t mind responsibility, you’re accountable for your work and dedicated to a job well done.
- You have a passion for technology and always want to learn something new.
- You’re willing to travel.
The Tech Stuff
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with Palo Alto Networks products
- Strong understanding of network security architectures, solutions, processes, frameworks, and components
- Strong understanding of interior gateway protocols (EIGRP/OSPF), BGP a plus
- Network protection including firewalls, IDS/IPS, SSL, VPN, DLP, NAC, and WAF
- Risk / compliance including policy management, vulnerability management, log management, and change control, and security analytics / reporting (e.g. Splunk)
- Identity management including AAA, AD/ADFS, MFA, SSO, RADIUS
- Network routing and switching experience is a plus
- Endpoint / server / data protection including antivirus, malware protection, web/URL filtering, and MDM is a plus
- Incident response including security monitoring, network and endpoint visibility, threat management, and forensics is a plus
- Understanding of mobile devices and how they interact with the network is a plus
If you ask any of our employees here at Burwood “what we love”, the top answer is always the same: our culture. Our employees are driven, innovative, fun-loving, and always willing to help. In addition to that, Burwood also offers some fantastic benefits:
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) savings plan, complete with a company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability coverage
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and transit/parking expenses
- Access to financial planning expertise
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are not intent on being the largest company; but rather, the best. These are the words we live by. This means we welcome all of the best talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion and age.
Being open to all cultural backgrounds, life experiences, thoughts and ideas not only strengthens company culture but also encourages different-in-kind thinking and promotes economic success.