Cloud Project Manager
Cloud Project Manager
Who We Are
Burwood Group is not your average technology consulting firm. We are an innovative, culture-driven, industry leader and we are growing our team by leaps and bounds. Founded in 1997 in Chicago (and still headquartered here), we've grown to be a 200+ employee firm with people and offices spread from Southern California to NYC. Our specialty is closing the gap between business strategy and technology solutions. Our clients view Burwood as a trusted advisor and partner who can help them select the best technology for the job, manage and execute a first-rate implementation, and measure project success by the business outcomes achieved.
What You’ll Do
The Cloud Project Manager is a key member of our Cloud Services group, managing all stages of Cloud and DevOps projects for Burwood customers, including cloud migrations, data engineering projects, and DevOps tooling projects. Using an Agile approach to project management, you will lead requirements gathering, user story generation, sprint planning, stand-ups, and reviews, as well as all customer meetings and reporting.
As a Cloud Project Manager, you’ll be involved in the following activities:
- Managing customer Cloud and DevOps projects, such as application migrations, modernization of legacy applications, building infrastructure from code (Terraform), building CD pipelines, and supporting cloud projects on Google Cloud, Azure and AWS
- Leading all agile activities, including sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews and retrospectives
- Understanding the role and function of each team member to effectively coordinate the activities of the team
- Ensuring that the project delivers the desired solution or outcome, remains within budget, and is delivered on time while achieving quality criteria
- Translating the defined initiatives or solutions into project plans, objectives, and deliverables and subsequently delivering according to these
- Communicating with key stakeholders regarding the status of specific projects
- Solving problems and mitigating risks within or related to the scope of the project
Who You Are
- You have strong knowledge of Agile project management and software development
- You are interested in the latest technology trends, especially within public cloud and DevOps
- You have excellent communication skills whether that be in-person, over-the-phone or e-mail
- You have the expertise and professionalism to interact with any level of an organization
- You’re willing to travel.
The Tech Stuff
- Experience running cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) projects and software development projects
- Experience working with different Agile approaches (Scrum, Lean, XP, Kanban, etc.).
- Experience with Agile project management tools (Jira, LeanKit, SmartSheet, Asana)
- Agile certification (CSM, PMI-ACP) required
- PMP Certification required
- Proficiency in MS Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint, & Visio)
- ITIL certification / ITSM experience preferred
- Experience with Cloud-Native Development Methodologies preferred
If you ask any of our employees here at Burwood “what we love”, the top answer is always the same: our culture. Our employees are driven, innovative, fun-loving, and always willing to help. In addition to that, Burwood also offers some fantastic benefits:
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) savings plan, complete with a company match
- Unlimited vacation days
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability coverage
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and transit/parking expenses
- Access to financial planning expertise
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are not intent on being the largest company; but rather, the best. These are the words we live by. This means we welcome all of the best talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion and age.
Being open to all cultural backgrounds, life experiences, thoughts and ideas not only strengthens company culture but also encourages different-in-kind thinking and promotes economic success.