Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Who We Are
Burwood Group is not your average technology consulting firm. We are an innovative, culture-driven, industry leader and we are growing our team by leaps and bounds. Founded in 1997 in Chicago (and still headquartered here), we've grown to be a 200+ employee firm with people and offices spread from Southern California to NYC. Our specialty is closing the gap between business strategy and technology solutions. Our clients view Burwood as a trusted advisor and partner who can help them select the best technology for the job, manage and execute a first-rate implementation, and measure project success by the business outcomes achieved.
What You’ll Do
The position of Business Development Manager is crucial in our ability to acquire new customers and onboarding those customers to the Burwood Experience. The Business Development Manager focuses primarily on prospecting. Our BDMs connect with prospects via networking and leveraging partner relationships. This role also assists the marketing team on demand generation, driving attendance to Burwood-sponsored webinars and events, and participating in post-event follow up.
- Identify and develop business leads
- Develop competitive strategies
- Administration and documentation
- Continual training and skill development
Who You Are
- You have excellent communications skill whether that be in-person, over-the-phone or e-mail.
- You enjoy a problem solving challenge. You use this passion to better delivery client management resolution with your excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- You have the expertise and professionalism to interact with any level of an organization.
- Your work style is flexible. Some tasks are great to tackle with a team, and other stuff you can handle on your own!
- You don’t mind responsibility, you’re accountable for your work and dedicated to a job well done.
- You’re willing to travel.
The Must Haves
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience in a sales environment
- Goal oriented “can-do” attitude with the ability to be aggressive and persistent
- Ability to keep up with a fast pace environment and enjoy working with a world class sales team
If you ask any of our employees here at Burwood “what we love”, the top answer is always the same: our culture. Our employees are driven, innovative, fun-loving, and always willing to help. In addition to that, Burwood also offers some fantastic benefits:
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) savings plan, complete with a company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability coverage
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and transit/parking expenses
- Access to financial planning expertise
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are not intent on being the largest company; but rather, the best. These are the words we live by. This means we welcome all of the best talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion and age.
Being open to all cultural backgrounds, life experiences, thoughts and ideas not only strengthens company culture but also encourages different-in-kind thinking and promotes economic success.