Who We Are
Burwood Group is not your average technology consulting firm. We are an innovative, culture-driven, industry leader and we are growing our team by leaps and bounds. Founded in 1997 in Chicago (and still headquartered here), we've grown to be a 200+ employee firm with people and offices spread from Southern California to NYC. Our specialty is closing the gap between business strategy and technology solutions. Our clients view Burwood as a trusted advisor and partner who can help them select the best technology for the job, manage and execute a first-rate implementation, and measure project success by the business outcomes achieved.
What You’ll Do
The DevOps Engineer is a key member of our Cloud Services group, working with the other DevOps team members to help our customers build out their cloud environments, utilizing DevOps tooling and practices such as automated infrastructure provisioning, containerizing and modernizing traditional applications, and operationalizing with monitoring and APM. The team works directly with clients and with various teams across Burwood.
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be involved in supporting the following activities:
- Working with customers during Cloud projects, such as application migrations, modernization of legacy applications, building infrastructure from code (Terraform), building CD pipelines, and supporting cloud projects on Google Cloud, Azure and AWS.
- Building DevOps features and functionality to evolve the support of our production applications, including features on:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Kubernetes and GKE
- StackDriver and ScienceLogic monitoring
- Jenkins / CloudBees
- Terraform, Ansible, Chef
- Monitoring and troubleshooting issues with our production applications, running on Google’s Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
- Participating in all agile activities, including sprint planning, daily standups, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
Who You Are
- You have sysadmin or DevOps experience from a technology company
- You are a detail-oriented, enthusiastic, learner with the ability to work well as part of a team.
- You enjoy problem solving and workflow challenges.
- You have excellent communications skill whether that be in-person, over-the-phone or e-mail, with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You’re a self-starter, you take initiative and have the ability to multi-task
- You’re willing to travel
The Tech Stuff
- Linux support and operations
- Public cloud (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Infrastructure as code experience with Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.
- Scripting experience with Python, BASH, PowerShell
- Containers and Kubernetes experience a plus
- Configuration Management (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Puppet) experience a plus
If you ask any of our employees here at Burwood “what we love”, the top answer is always the same: our culture. Our employees are driven, innovative, fun-loving, and always willing to help. In addition to that, Burwood also offers some fantastic benefits:
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) savings plan, complete with a company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability coverage
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and transit/parking expenses
- Access to financial planning expertise
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are not intent on being the largest company; but rather, the best. These are the words we live by. This means we welcome all of the best talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion and age.
Being open to all cultural backgrounds, life experiences, thoughts and ideas not only strengthens company culture but also encourages different-in-kind thinking and promotes economic success.