Cloud Services Operations Engineer - Voice/UC
Cloud Services Operations Engineer - Voice/UC
Who We Are
Burwood Group is not your average technology consulting firm. We are an innovative, culture-driven, industry leader in the IT space, and we are growing our team by leaps and bounds. Founded in 1997 in Chicago (and still headquartered here), we've grown to be a 200+ employee firm with people and offices spread from Southern California to NYC. Our specialty is closing the gap between business strategy and technology solutions. Our clients view Burwood as a trusted advisor and partner who can help them select the best technology for the job, manage and execute a first-rate implementation, and measure project success by the business outcomes achieved.
What You’ll Do
This role will also give you the opportunity to get hands on with the latest infrastructure and cloud technologies, including Unified Communications, LAN/WAN, Cloud, security, wireless, and more. The Burwood Cloud Services (BCS) Operations Team is constantly raising the bar for great customer support and service and we pride ourselves in hiring people who share the same passion for outstanding customer service.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Directly answering customer inquiries by phone, email, or ticket
- Working directly with customers to resolve issues relating to most common infrastructure technologies, including Network (WAN, LAN, Wireless), Unified Communications (UC) suite, Microsoft, Citrix, etc.
- Ensuring tickets are addressed and brought to resolution as quickly as possible
- Providing reporting and training to our customers
- Writing knowledge base and runbook articles for the BCS Operations team and our customers
- Helping to create operations process for the Burwood Cloud Services team
In addition to the day-to-day responsibilities, you will have the chance to participate in planning, designing, and engineering services to implement changes to client infrastructure to better and more quickly resolve technical issues.
Who You Are
- You enjoy the challenge of problem solving in a technical environment
- You have a passion for customer service and doing the right thing for the customer at all times
- You have advanced customer service skills/soft skills and experience in handling customer relations
- You maintain a professional demeanor and have excellent communication skills whether that be in-person, over-the-phone or e-mail.
- You pay strict attention to detail in all that you do to ensure minimal risk to the environment.
- You enjoy working flexible hours, working when it is necessary and taking the time off you need to ensure you’re always at the top of your game.
- You take responsibility and are accountable for your work.
- You love to be part of something bigger than you and work to see the team succeed above all.
- You are motivated to learn and grow in your career and can adapt to change or business needs
The Tech Stuff
- One industry accepted professional certification such as CCNA-Collaboration or CCNP-Collaboration, CCA-V, or comparable experience.
- Prefer Professional level knowledge of Unified Communications, specifically in the Cisco Space, and all of it components, and how to troubleshoot them.
- Basic level networking, including subnetting, basic routing protocols, & LAN WiFi
- Basic understanding of cloud provided environments such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Microsoft Server, Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP
- Conversational knowledge of other data center technologies such as Citrix, Load Balancers, etc.
- Direct experience working in IT Service Management, Managed Service Provider, or ISP
If you ask any of our employees here at Burwood “what we love”, the top answer is always the same: our culture. Our employees are driven, innovative, fun-loving, and always willing to help. In addition to that, Burwood also offers some fantastic benefits:
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) savings plan, complete with a company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and transit/parking expenses
- Access to financial planning expertise
- Access to free technical training
- Ability to grow with the company and advance your career
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are not intent on being the largest company; but rather, the best. These are the words we live by. This means we welcome all of the best talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion and age.
Being open to all cultural backgrounds, life experiences, thoughts and ideas not only strengthens company culture but also encourages different-in-kind thinking and promotes economic success.