Sr. Azure Data & DevOps Consultant
Sr. Azure Data & DevOps Consultant
Who We Are
Burwood Group is not your average technology consulting firm. We are an innovative, culture-driven, industry leader and we are growing our team by leaps and bounds. Founded in 1997 in Chicago (and still headquartered here), we've grown to be a 200+ employee firm with people and offices spread from Southern California to NYC. Our specialty is closing the gap between business strategy and technology solutions. Our clients view Burwood as a trusted advisor and partner who can help them select the best technology for the job, manage and execute a first-rate implementation, and measure project success by the business outcomes achieved.
What You’ll Do
The Sr. Data & DevOps Consultant responsibilities include:
- Provide design, implementation and support expertise to clients and project teams
- Understand customer requirements and align with technology solutions
- Manage and execute project level tasks and milestones
- Mentor junior and mid-level consultants
- Participate in business development and pre-sales activities
- Ongoing evaluation and improvement of internal processes
- Stay current on market trends, technologies and best practices
In addition, you will join a Center of Excellence where you’ll interact with your peers across the country to help develop best practices and future solutions.
Who You Are
You have a strong IT and Consulting background.
You have strong business acumen and are adept at communicating across all levels how technical solutions solve business problems.
You build relationships and bring considerable value, partnering with clients as a trusted advisor.
You provide leadership both internally and externally to move work forward and meet objectives.
You are dedicated to continual learning and staying current on technology to always have a point-of-view worth sharing.
You have excellent communication skills whether that be in-person, over-the-phone or e-mail.
You don’t mind responsibility, you’re accountable for your work and dedicated to a job well done.
You’re willing to travel.
The Tech Stuff
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with Microsoft Data & DevOps hybrid cloud technologies including Azure SQL, Azure Cloud, AD / Azure AD, Windows OS, Office 365, Exchange, OneDrive, Skype for Business, InTune, EMS, and OMS
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with automated deployment, provisioning, and orchestration of on-prem data driven applications as well as compute and storage components including HCI & VMware
- Strong understanding of SQL, DevOps methodologies, hybrid cloud strategy, and application
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with application migration to the cloud
- Prior experience with cloud data management platforms (Azure SQL) as well as prior experience working with Containers and public cloud technologies (Azure, GCP, AWS) required
Azure DevOps Engineer Expert, Azure DevOps Engineer Associate, or other Azure certifications a plus
If you ask any of our employees here at Burwood “what we love”, the top answer is always the same: our culture. Our employees are driven, innovative, fun-loving, and always willing to help. In addition to that, Burwood also offers some fantastic benefits:
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) savings plan, complete with a company match
- Generous Vacation Policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and transit/parking expenses
- Access to financial planning expertise
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are not intent on being the largest company; but rather, the best. These are the words we live by. This means we welcome all of the best talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion and age.
Being open to all cultural backgrounds, life experiences, thoughts and ideas not only strengthens company culture but also encourages different-in-kind thinking and promotes economic success.