Who We Are
Burwood Group is not your average technology consulting firm. We are an innovative, culture-driven, industry leader and we are growing our team by leaps and bounds. Founded in 1997 in Chicago (and still headquartered here), we've grown to be a 200+ employee firm with people and offices spread from Southern California to NYC. Our specialty is closing the gap between business strategy and technology solutions. Our clients view Burwood as a trusted advisor and partner who can help them select the best technology for the job, manage and execute a first-rate implementation, and measure project success by the business outcomes achieved.
What You’ll Do
The Solution Architect is a hybrid role with a focus on both technical leadership and services sales. The Solution Architect provides pre-sales technical support and expertise in identifying client requirements, while analyzing the client’s current environment and system capabilities, to ensure the technical solutions proposed meet the client’s objectives. In addition to being viewed as a trusted advisor to the client, the Solution Architect also has responsibility for quality assurance oversight of solution delivery and implementation.
In addition to these core responsibilities, you will:
- Bridge the gap between business problems and technology solutions
- Determine the best solution among all possible to solve the existing business problems
- Provide specifications according to which the solution is defined, managed, and delivered.
- Lead the architecture and strategy process, defining requirements, phases, and creating designs during the project execution.
- Provide strong technical oversight and subject matter expertise during the delivery phase.
- Act as a mentor, coach and escalation point for all project resources.
- Partner with the Sales team and Practice Directors to drive services sales within the practices and build a pipeline.
- Work with the Practice Directors to further develop the workgroup resources and team development.
- Drive process improvement, delivery efficiency, and project profitability.
Who You Are
- You have a strong technology background that includes consulting and pre-sales experience.
- You have love having analytical and consultative conversations, and you’re adept at identifying and solving problems.
- You are able to map technical solutions to business challenges and objectives.
- You have a passion for technology and keep informed of market trends, solution insights, and new vendors and methods.
- You enjoy mentoring more junior members of sales and consulting teams.
- You have the expertise and professionalism to interact with any level of an organization.
- You’re willing to travel.
The Tech Stuff
Burwood prides itself in the depth of knowledge within the Solution Architect role. Candidates for the role must be able to speak to multiple technologies. Practical hands on deployment experience in at least one focus area is a must.
- Experience in architecting or engineering with Public Cloud
- Experience or interesting in learning Google Cloud Platform
- Passion for DevOps and Containers
- Hands on experience in design and implementation of enterprise WAN, campus LAN, datacenter networks, and wireless networks.
- Experience with building “next generation” networks that utilize automation techniques and software defined technologies
- In depth understanding of high availability design best practices for layer 2 and layer 3 enterprise networks and wireless mobility for mission critical, always available, environments
- Design, Connectivity and application considerations within a hybrid cloud environment
- Hands on experience in design and implementation of enterprise voice architectures including core call processing, voicemail, presence, contact center, and third-party integrated components
- In depth understanding of high availability design best practices for enterprise voice systems
- Knowledge and experience with tailoring customer contact solutions to meet business goals and align with organizational priorities
- Hands on experience in design and implementation of enterprise network security architectures including network focused prevention and protection, end point security and posture, securing data from the end point to the edge of the network (traditional, hybrid and public cloud)
- Comprehensive, vertical aligned approach to threat and vulnerability mitigation strategies
- In-depth understanding of information security risk analysis and alignment of information security architecture to business needs and goals
If you ask any of our employees here at Burwood “what we love”, the top answer is always the same: our culture. Our employees are driven, innovative, fun-loving, and always willing to help. In addition to that, Burwood also offers some fantastic benefits:
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) savings plan, complete with a company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and transit/parking expenses
- Access to financial planning expertise
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are not intent on being the largest company; but rather, the best. These are the words we live by. This means we welcome all of the best talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion and age.
Being open to all cultural backgrounds, life experiences, thoughts and ideas not only strengthens company culture but also encourages different-in-kind thinking and promotes economic success.