Tech Support Rep 1
Job Title: Technical Support Rep
Providing guidance and support to techs working in the field and customers/end users via the phone. Performs triage, determines any parts required to fix equipment, assists with parts identification, performs part number cross referencing, checks part availability, orders parts required, and documents actions. Assists technicians and customers/distributors with troubleshooting. Products supported include safes, ATMs, kiosks, wireless communication devices, POS systems and any products supported by Burroughs.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- Answers external customer calls/emails regarding product support and service needs.
- Determines, and researches if necessary, technical and service requirements, and creates appropriate service tickets.
- Updates customer with service status and completion information.
- Troubleshoots/Researches issues and provides solutions to customers regarding customer service issues.
- Walks customers through cleaning, software troubleshooting, and Hardware part replacement for supported products.
- Handles work using instructions from up to 30 different customer procedures.
- Documents call information in appropriate databases.
- Escalates unresolved issues to appropriate person/group (IT Support, TrackIT, various Field Service members, Support Services managers, etc.)
- Answers calls/emails from Field Service Technicians requesting Technical assistance with service tickets, lock access, or recommend direct of correct the issue at hand.
- Relays essential information to co-workers and other departments as warranted.
- Reads emails and procedural updates to stay current on procedures.
- Performs work according to stated productivity and quality measures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Technical and Behavioral
- Knowledge of procedures for handling and documenting calls
- Proficient in entering and researching information in database
- Customer Service
- Technical Support
- Strong communication (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently
- Team centered/Work well with co-workers to resolve issues and problems
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Type and talk at the same time
- Work well in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Attention to detail
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior customer service and Technical Support or equivalent problem solving experience required.
- Standard Microsoft applications, including Windows, Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment.
- The function provides coverage for extended hours (24/7), so may be required to work first, second, third shift or other non-standard hours.
- Overtime may be required.
- Depending on location (non-Plymouth MI), some travel for training purposes may be required.