Technical Service Rep 2
Under the direction of the Manager of Support Services, provide technical support with troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving issues that arise with Burroughs serviced equipment. Provide support to Field Service Technicians seeking assistance with servicing customer equipment, as well as assistance with part number identification and ordering.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- Answer inbound calls from Field Service Technicians requesting assistance on repair issues.
- Assist Technicians with testing, troubleshooting, analyzing, isolating and identifying root causes.
- Assist Technicians with identifying part numbers, part availability and part ordering.
- Provide lock support to Field Service Technicians.
- Respond to support emails from Field Service Technicians and various other departments within the Burroughs organization.
- Document call information in appropriate databases.
- Relay essential information to co-workers and other departments as warranted.
- Provide a higher level of support for difficult issues that are unable to be addressed by Technical Service Rep 1 group.
- Take ownership of service calls that have been open for an extended period of time or have required the use of a large number of parts.
- Review call histories and make repair suggestions for sites with chronic faults.
- Review service calls in the Part Order status for viability of parts needed, alternate part numbers, part availability and part ordering.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Duties require the use of typical office equipment such as a computer and desktop phone.
- Duties require the use of lab equipment such as ATMs and Smart Safes.
- Some travel for training purposes may be required.
- Overtime may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communications (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently
- Work well with others
- Knowledge of Windows operating system
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word)
- Experience with analysis and problem solving
- Knowledge of PC components and repair
- Experience with repair and maintenance of electrical and mechanical hardware
- Proficient on the use of a Digital Multi-meter
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent education.
- ITT or other technical school training or equivalent experience.
The ideal candidate will be located in Elmhurst, IL but the position is open for remotely based candidate consideration