Repair Technician 3
Takes personal responsibility for the quality, aesthetics, and efficiency when repairing electro-mechanical assemblies whether per written procedures and verbal instructions. Able to troubleshoot, evaluate, test, and repair electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies to a high quality standard. Willingness to escalate known or suspected problems until satisfactory resolution is received.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- The service and repair of electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies based on written procedures and and/or technician’s knowledge.
- Evaluation of customer parts to determine repairs required to refurbish parts to Burroughs’ standard.
- Implement and test repair of customer parts.
- Consistent, superior work quality with limited supervision required.
- Time management.
- Assist with continuing process and quality improvement in all jobs.
- Accurate input of information required by the Repair System.
- Maintenance of personal work station and any other workstation used in the course of completing a Work Order for repair or assembly.
- Willingness to provide assistance in Shop as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good verbal communication skills.
- The ability to understand the product and differing customer requirements.
- Strong electronic schematic and mechanical drawing reading skills.
- Electronic and mechanical measurement instrument skills. (DMM, oscilloscope, calipers, micrometer, indicator).
- General computer software skills. (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Knowledge of mechanisms and how they function (e.g., belts, rollers, gears, pulleys)
- Strong knowledge of electronic circuits and devices (e.g., components, semiconductors, ICs, sensors, motors, solenoids).
- Strong PCB soldering skills, including surface mount soldering.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Electronics (or equivalent).
- At least 2-years’ experience working in a production/repair setting.