Senior Purchasing Manager
Bulletproof is an omni-channel content driven consumer products company. Our vision is to tap into the unlimited power of being human and we do this by holding true to our mission of creating products that radically improve lives. Bulletproof helps people live better by providing information and products that help them use fat for fuel, say goodbye to sugar and supercharge mitochondria increasing their energy.
Bulletproof has a team of experienced entrepreneurs and biohackers working to make high performance a daily reality for everyone on the planet. While our culture is casual and our workplace flexible, the team is passionate, customer driven, meaningfully connected, smart, and results focused.
Our customers know that our coffee, beverages, food, and supplements are the purest you can get anywhere, and you can expect to feel a difference in how you perform the first time you experience them. Environmentally conscious and ethically sourced products build a sustainable foundation for future generations to thrive. Bulletproof coffee has developed a cult following across the nation as a drink that provides sustained energy, while also programming your body to burn fat for energy. In addition to providing convenient access to products through eCommerce, brick and mortar retail stores (e.g. Whole Foods Market) and Bulletproof Cafes, Bulletproof has developed a specialized diet, which is based on eating high amounts of healthy fats, moderate amounts of high-quality protein, and tons of organic vegetables eaten at the right time in order to create unbelievable levels of energy and weight loss.
Bulletproof is looking for a Senior Purchasing Manager with a strong CPG background to help us build a world-class company and grow our knowledge base.
As the Senior Purchasing Manager, you will be developing the sourcing/procurement function at Bulletproof. You will work closely with product, R&D, supply planning, finance, and a wide range of external vendors to drive strategy formation, approval, and execution across all raw and packaging materials. Selecting and managing suppliers, negotiating contracts, reducing cost, and scaling to meet the aggressive goals of Bulletproof. In addition to delivering the business goals, you will work across the organization to build processes that will act as a foundation for the procurement of items for the organization. You will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully leading a team to deliver results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. You will have stellar business acumen, be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams, have a passion for developing and implementing processes in an ambiguous problem space, and be willing to roll up their sleeves to build a program that will significantly impact Bulletproof. The ideal candidate needs to have strong and proven communication, leadership, and influencing skills. Successful leaders at Bulletproof are hands-on, results oriented, collaborative, and able to deliver innovative solutions with little to no supervision and guidance. Excellent verbal and written and communication skills will be critical to the success of this position.
- Lead/Design/Build the Procurement team and develop team members and maintain high customer satisfaction bar
- Provide procurement support including: forecasting, inventory management, negotiate and implement supplier agreements/contracts that meet the business needs of cross-functional stakeholders, and supplier management
- Act as the 'business owner' for his/her categories including identifying and driving realization of savings opportunities throughout the category. Manage supplier relationships and performance, and establish yourself as a primary business contact for key suppliers
- Build processes around new activities that simplify the way we operate
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base opportunities to reduce cost, minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize industry developments that benefit Amazon • Own program status communication, harmonize discordant views, and lead the resolution of contentious issues (build consensus) by collaborating with customers to determine what projects move forward and in what priority order
- Excellent communications skills with an ability to convey strategic direction to all levels within the organization and senior leadership
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years in procurement and category management
- 2+ years negotiation experience
- 3+ people management experience
- High degree of business ethics and accountability
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Bulletproof leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Entrepreneurial problem solver with strong troubleshooting skills
- Vocally self-aware and curious
- Results oriented
- Hires great people. Develops great people
- Ability to effectively manage time, multi-task, and prioritize projects to meet established deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and written
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- You love learning, and it’s one of the things you do to make yourself better every single day
This is a full-time position based in the Seattle, WA area. Maximum fun, maximum knowledge, and maximum performance are a part of the job description, and you’ll get to work with the team on a regular basis to upgrade your game, your mental performance, and your life. This is a great opportunity to grow with a company.
Think you’ve got what it takes?