Director of Product
Bulletproof is an omni-channel content driven consumer products company. Our vision is to tap into the unlimited power of being human and we do this by holding true to our mission of creating products that radically improve lives. Bulletproof helps people live better by providing information and products that help them use fat for fuel, say goodbye to sugar and supercharge mitochondria increasing their energy.
Bulletproof has a team of experienced entrepreneurs and biohackers working to make high performance a daily reality for everyone on the planet. While our culture is casual and our workplace flexible, the team is passionate, customer driven, meaningfully connected, smart, and results focused.
Our customers know that our coffee, beverages, food, and supplements are the purest you can get anywhere, and you can expect to feel a difference in how you perform the first time you experience them. Environmentally conscious and ethically sourced products build a sustainable foundation for future generations to thrive. Bulletproof coffee has developed a cult following across the nation as a drink that provides sustained energy, while also programming your body to burn fat for energy. In addition to providing convenient access to products through eCommerce, brick and mortar retail stores (e.g. Whole Foods Market) and Bulletproof Cafes, Bulletproof has developed a specialized diet, which is based on eating high amounts of healthy fats, moderate amounts of high-quality protein, and tons of organic vegetables eaten at the right time in order to create unbelievable levels of energy and weight loss.
Bulletproof is seeking a digital savvy, consumer centric and analytical Director of Product for Bulletproof.com. Candidate must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives and lead a team, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. Critical that you can anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate, make trade-offs, and balance the speed to sustainable/ scalable solutions.
This role is focused on ownership and execution of the following:
- Define, own and deliver the vision for bulletproof.com with a customer-first approach focused on discovery, ease of use and performance
- Create and execute the strategic plan and manage operations to deliver revenue goals and customer growth
- Inform and deliver features, functionality, services and design that drive key performance indicators
- Drive short and long term product vision, strategy, goal setting and execution for the end to end digital and commerce journey including engagement, acquisition and retention across all device types by implementing new content and site features and enhancing existing ones
- Lead consumer research efforts to inform improvements to the customer journey. Continually improve the consumer experience throughout the entire brand journey.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative inputs to build a personalized experience for key customer segments and an ‘always-on’ conversion rate optimization strategy, incorporating A/B testing.
- Champion analytics capabilities through continuous improvements and advocacy for data-driven decision making. Responsible for creation of an analytical ecommerce environment, ensuring data integrity, and building the appropriate skills within the team
- Own the product roadmap process for Bulletproof.com working with stakeholders across the organization to meet both strategic goals and OKRs including hiring and managing internal and external development resources
- Be responsible for delivering experiences that drive revenue, conversion, retention, and customer engagement for customer-facing products, while driving cost efficiencies for internal products
- Manage, develop and lead team including merchandising, content, UX designer and developers to elevate branding in collaboration with Brand Marketing
- Manage existing vendor relationships to ensure all existing vendor solutions and services are being maximized. Discover and support new vendor relationship efforts
- Provide clear direction and relevant communication to senior leaders and stakeholders regarding business performance and project status
- Bachelor Degree required
- 12+ years of experience in ecommerce, product and/or digital marketing
- Demonstrated success leading growing ecommerce businesses within budget
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute ecommerce development and operations
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions by triangulating various data sources including quantitative and qualitative data sources
- Experience working with partners at multiple levels within the organization (operations, category/marketing, supply chain, finance, human resources, legal and other functional groups)
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously (including demonstrated ability in planning and organizational project management)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Bulletproof leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Entrepreneurial problem solver with strong troubleshooting skills
- Vocally self-aware and curious
- Results oriented
- Hires great people. Develops great people
- Ability to effectively manage time, multi-task, and prioritize projects to meet established deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and written
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- You love learning, and it’s one of the things you do to make yourself better every single day
This is a full-time position based in the Seattle, WA area. Maximum fun, maximum knowledge, and maximum performance are a part of the job description, and you’ll get to work with the team on a regular basis to upgrade your game, your mental performance, and your life. This is a great opportunity to grow with a company.
Think you’ve got what it takes?