Join Building Blocks as a Preschool Teacher Today!
Are you ready to join a stellar group of educators and make a difference in young children’s lives? We are a wholesome, creative early childhood education center looking for gifted teachers to join our growing team. We are always looking to add talented, energetic, positive, honest, and fun people to our work family. Must be an outstanding communicator and relationship-builder with parents. Outstanding wages and benefits! We value teachers that embrace positive energy to make extraordinary differences in the lives of children and families.
First developed by teacher Loris Malaguzzi, the Reggio Emilia Approach focuses on the importance of community and free inquiry. In this approach to early childhood education, children are viewed as competent, resourceful, strong, resilient and full of curiosity. Children are an active participant in their own education. Emphasis is put on allowing a child to drive their own learning, based on their interests. As they interact with others and the environment around them, children will gain knowledge through their own investigation.
In the Reggio Emilia Approach, children are also encouraged to explore their ideas through a variety of “languages”, including art, music, written and spoken language, pretend play, sculpture and more. Questions are welcomed, and are not answered solely by the educator; instead, the teacher and child will explore together to find the answers.
PRESCHOOL TEACHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspire, guide, and support children aged 2.5 years through age 5
- Administer and evaluate several guidance tools and assessments to help individualize the curriculum to each child
- Emphasize language and literacy in the context of physical, emotional, and interpersonal development, math, science, social studies, music, movement, and art
- Promote empathy in children through warm hugs, smiles, nurturing language, and positive guidance
- Care for growing bodies by ensuring that children experience regular feedings, potty breaks, and naps throughout the day to provide the ultimate care and comfort
- Read frequently to children and discuss storylines to help children explore new concepts and language
- Design and implement sensory activities to examine various dimensions of sight, touch, smell, and sound
- Create meaningful connections with children to enhance the foundation for social-emotional skills
- Aid children in the development and strengthening of both large and small muscle groups
- Maintain state and federal regulations at all times to ensure excellence and compliance
- Teacher must adhere to Connecticut’s Public Health and Child Care Regulations
- Must be able to stand on your feet for up to 90% of the day, capable of lifting up to 30 pounds, able to sit on the floor and crouch down, and perform all activities with the children including running, jumping, etc.
- Must complete mandatory state safety trainings and maintain the required annual training hours as noted in our Employee Handbook and are required by the State of Connecticut
- CDA, Associates Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education preferred, but not required
- Minimum of one year experience working with children 0 to 5 years of age in a group setting
- Actively exhibit a passion for early education and an enthusiasm for learning!
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Deliver required paperwork and lesson plans on time and to completion
- Display excellent written and verbal communication skills
- This is a full time opportunity with hours Monday through Friday
Qualified candidates are welcome to apply at http://jobs.jobvite.com/building-blocks/. We will see you soon in the classroom!
Building Blocks Early Learning Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.