Head Infant Teacher - Camp Ave
Join Building Blocks as a Head Infant Teacher Today!
Are you ready to join a stellar group of educators and make a difference in young children’s lives? We are a wholesome, creative early childhood education center looking for gifted teachers to join our growing team. We are always looking to add talented, energetic, positive, honest, and fun people to our work family. Must be an outstanding communicator and relationship-builder with parents. Outstanding wages and benefits! We value teachers that embrace positive energy to make extraordinary differences in the lives of children and families.
First developed by teacher Loris Malaguzzi, the Reggio Emilia Approach focuses on the importance of community and free inquiry. In this approach to early childhood education, children are viewed as competent, resourceful, strong, resilient and full of curiosity. Children are an active participant in their own education. Emphasis is put on allowing a child to drive their own learning, based on their interests. As they interact with others and the environment around them, children will gain knowledge through their own investigation.
In the Reggio Emilia Approach, children are also encouraged to explore their ideas through a variety of “languages”, including art, music, written and spoken language, pretend play, sculpture and more. Questions are welcomed, and are not answered solely by the educator; instead, the teacher and child will explore together to find the answers.
INFANT TEACHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspire, guide, and support children ages 6 weeks to 15 months old
- Assist with implementing daily lesson plans consistent with The Creative Curriculum Goals and Objectives for Infants, Toddlers, and Twos, and The State of Connecticut Preschool Assessment Framework
- Promote empathy in children through warm hugs, smiles, nurturing language, and positive guidance
- Care for growing bodies by ensuring that children experience regular feedings, diaper changes, potty breaks, and naps throughout the day to provide the ultimate care and comfort
- Read frequently to children to help toddlers explore new concepts and language
- Use singing and sign language to effectively communicate with pre-verbal children
- Design and implement sensory activities to examine various dimensions of sight, touch, smell, and sound.
- Create meaningful connections with children to enhance the foundation for social-emotional skills
- Aid children in the development and strengthening of both large and small muscle groups
- Administer and evaluate several guidance tools and assessments to help individualize the curriculum to each child
- Teacher must adhere to Connecticut’s Public Health and Child Care Regulations
- Must be able to stand on your feet for up to 90% of the day, capable of lifting up to 30 pounds, able to sit on the floor and crouch down, and perform all activities with the children including running, jumping, etc.
- Must complete mandatory state safety trainings and maintain the required annual training hours as noted in our Employee Handbook and are required by the State of Connecticut
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education required
- Minimum of one year experience working with children 0 to 5 years of age in a group setting
- Actively exhibit a passion for early education and an enthusiasm for learning!
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Deliver required paperwork and lesson plans on time and to completion
- Display excellent written and verbal communication skills
Qualified candidates are welcome to apply at http://jobs.jobvite.com/building-blocks/. We will see you soon in the classroom!
Building Blocks Early Learning Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Qualified candidates are welcome to apply at http://careers.littlesprouts.com. We will see you soon in the classroom!