Application Integration Specialist
For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
Reporting to the Manager, IT Service and Support, this position collaborates with staff to develop, test, document, implement, upgrade, install, maintain and support web-enabled, database and corporate application and services.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- Support deployment for all corporate applications and services.
- Develop standards and processes to support and facilitate integration projects and initiatives.
- Identify common patterns and document best practices for integrations.
- Assist with problem determination and resolution efforts when operational issues arise.
- Assist with identifying opportunities to enhance or improve business processes via integration, or, as necessary, minimize the impact of integration on those processes.
- Build relationships with software development teams to gain an understanding of application architectures and required functionality.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Successful completion of three (3) years post-secondary education in a computer related field or equivalent and three (3) years of related work experience is required.
- Preference will be given to those candidates who are proficient using a variety of development tools including Microsoft .Net frameworks, ASP.Net, SQL Reporting services, SQL Server Database.
- Experience in any of the following areas would also be an asset; customs brokerage, importing, exporting, logistics, supply chain systems.
- Ability to work under tight timeframes with a keen sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated with good problem-solving skills.
- Ability and desire to travel in Canada and the USA
Buckland is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors.
Upon request, Buckland will make accommodations available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.