Accounts Receivable Administrator
For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
The position of Accounts Receivable Administrator reports to the Accounting Supervisor (or Accounting Team Lead) and provides support to the finance department by managing cash deposits, posting cash receipts to customer accounts, preparing cash forecasts, and management of department specific billing and invoice distribution, and completing other tasks within the Finance department. They will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- Complete bank deposits for Canadian and US
- Process, enter, and reconcile payments received from clients
- Obtain remittance details and provide assistance to clients as needed
- Prepare daily cash forecasting spreadsheet
- Process debit/credit requests for Canadian Operations
- Respond to inquiries and requests from clients
- Process credit applications and recommend appropriate client credit limits
- Assist with monthly reporting and ensure duties and taxes are collected, balanced and remitted to Canada Customs timely
- Prepare statements and reports for clients and internal users as required
- Assist with invoice distribution as required
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Minimum 1 year experience at junior financial level, or equivalent
- Post-Secondary education, preferably in business and finance
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Highly adaptable to changing technology
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access, Word)
- Strong interpersonal, communications and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability and desire to travel in Canada and the USA
Buckland is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors.
Upon request, Buckland will make accommodations available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.