Quality Control Specialist
For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
As a member of the operations team, this position is responsible to coordinate and audit documentation on entries, as assigned. Responsible for assisting and maintaining the quality and accuracy of import entries, this position handles requests for missing information and ensures that all data is accurate. Ensures all shipments are entered in accordance with the US Federal Code of Regulations.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- To provide the highest level of customer service to clients, vendors, and service providers in acquiring the proper import documentation.
- Review of Certificates of Origin and other documentation to confirm eligibility to Free Trade programs
- Review and update PGA records in entries and database with knowledge of PGA reporting requirements
- Auditing of files assigned to ensure accuracy and instructions followed
- Assist department in maintaining of client database.
- Assist team leader and team leader in training of team as assigned
- Client servicing and reporting of any issues to Team Leader/Supervisor
- Support as required in all Departmental Operations
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Enroll and successful completion of the CCS Introductory Course at the discretion of Senior Management
- Experience in US Customs brokerage industry required, minimum of 1 year
- Working knowledge of HTS classification and GRI’s
- Skill enhancement workshops and seminars as required
- Ability and desire to travel in Canada and the USA
If this describes you, we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.buckland.com to learn more about Buckland and apply through our Career page today.
Those applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in the application and/or interview process must submit their request to the Human Resources Department