For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
Reporting to the Manager, IT Service and Support, this position is responsible for the smooth operation of Buckland's IT Infrastructure.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- Performing Network & Infrastructure capacity planning
- Architect, design, implementation, maintenance, and optimization of all IT systems, software and communication links
- Producing industry standard documentation, project plans, status reports, training material, as required
- Assisting in management and optimization of virtual environment to align with company's growth & DR strategy
- Participating in the formulation of rollout and training plans associated with new solutions and technologies
- Coordinate management of backup and restore environment for all servers and desktops
- Assist in the creation and implementation of policies, standards and procedures
- Provides front-line support as required
- Assist with off-hours server maintenance programs
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Successfully completed two or three year Computer Science Degree/Diploma or related technical courses (with CO-OP preferred) focusing on the following:
- VMWare vSphere 5 or newer
- VMWare Horizon View 5 or newer
- Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016
- Windows 2012/216 server environment and the accompanying enterprise applications, Active Directory, IIS, file servers, etc.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2014.
- Desktop support for PC environment supporting Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010 suite
- Networking involving multiple platforms, Cisco/Nortel/HP/Dell etc.
- Switching, Routing, WAN and Remote Access an asset
- 3-5 years’ experience with servers, databases and operating systems including Windows Server 2012/2016, Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016, SQL Server 2008/2014
- Hands-on experience with VMWare vSphere 5 & VMWare Horizon View (VCP and VCAP certifications an asset)
- Experience in any of the following an asset; Citrix, Exchange Server, Unix, Microsoft technologies, project implementation, EDI and Business Re-Engineering, VOIP and PBX telephone system troubleshooting and maintenance
Buckland is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors.
Upon request, Buckland will make accommodations available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.