Team Lead, Operations
For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
The Warehouse (WH) Team Leader will assist to supervise and monitor the Laredo Warehouse Operations team, working with the Forklift Operators, Scanner Reviser Operators, WH Data Entry, Shipping and Receiving Coordinator, Dispatchers and other WH Team Leaders over each department / shift. They must be able to solve problems and work without direct supervision and be able to guide, direct, and delegate. They must coordinate the process of documentation handling and advances for clearance, monitoring and control of all WOI/WOO inventories in WH, stage areas to ensure shipments are entered in accordance with the warehouse procedures, US and MX Regulations. The Warehouse Team Leader must provide the highest level of customer service to our valued customers. They must be willing to communicate directly with other Supervisors, Team Leaders, and the Consolidation Center Manager and filter communication thru to the operations staff.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- To provide the highest level of customer service
- Assists the WH Supervisor with monitoring all of shipment operations during shift assign.
- To provide strong leadership and management of department staff.
- Guidance and assistance on training staff and perform employee evaluations.
- Maintenance of equipment & building
- Ensure WH inspection and maintenance of the stage areas, workstations and shipping and receiving office.
- Provide any support on yard inspections and cycle counts.
- Ability to prepare and process documentation and expedition of file completion WOO.
- Ability to prepare and process WOI as per client instructions and SOP.
- Assists in the development of warehousing; inventory control and shipping another business related strategies.
- To liaise and work with other company departments.
- Ensure shipping procedure is follow as instructed while safeguarding Customs Paperwork during dispatch process.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- 3 + years proven Warehouse practice, logistics, shipping & receiving, inspections prior customs clearance, cross dock operation and warehouse management control experience.
- Bilingual (fluent in both Spanish/English) is necessary.
- Working knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- MS Office: Excel and Power Point.
- Understanding of Mexican customs is an asset
- Full understanding of US customs regulations is an asset
- HAZMAT certified
- Forklift certified
- Must have valid working permit in the U.S.
- Ability and desire to travel in Canada and the USA
If this describes you, we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.buckland.com to learn more about Buckland and apply through our Career page today.
Those applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in the application and/or interview process must submit their request to the Human Resources Department