Mexican Customs Service Representative
For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
This position is responsible for the handling of the documentation preparation, monitoring and coordinating of customs release of shipments for the import of commercial goods into Mexico and Mexican exports into the rest of the world in accordance with Mexican Customs Regulations.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- To provide the highest level of customer service to clients, vendors, and service providers in acquiring the proper import/export documentation.
- Facilitate set up of Mexican IOR file with Buckland MX broker Portfolio Partnership.
- Integrate Legal MX files on IOR and update forms in compliance on Mexican regulations early on calendar year.
- Coordinate shipments customs clearance/documentation: Air, Land and Ocean.
- Expedite shipment clearance through multiple ports, assist with Compliance and monitor operations per types: V1, RT, F4, A3
- Completion of mid to high volume shipment clearance for Air, Land and Ocean on different Mexican Ports of entry/outcome.
- Prepare daily and weekly reports based on shipment status for Air, Land and Ocean shipments.
- Provide management reports and full accountability for billing.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- +5 Years plus experience with Mexican Import/Exports Operations.
- International Business/International commerce/International Logistics Bachelor Degree.
- Proven Knowledge on Mexican Legislation in Foreign Trade Business.
- Customs Experiences is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, excel skills, Windows, an asset.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to generate and follow up on sales leads
- Ability to identify, develop and implement processes improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated problem solving, organization skills with attention to detail
- English Language Skills as native or second language (Toefl 550).
- Must be flexible for work on weekends and holiday as required.
- Some travel may be required to our office locations.
- US Visa B1/B2
- Impeccable record.
- Position Regulated by Mexico STPS
- Ability and desire to travel in Canada and the USA
If this describes you, we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.buckland.com to learn more about Buckland and apply through our Career page today.
Those applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in the application and/or interview process must submit their request to the Human Resources Department