For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
The position of Intermediate Accountant reports to the Supervisor, Accounting.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- Prepare the General Ledger detail and supporting reconciliations
- Reconcile and maintain Capital Assets Accounts
- Prepare monthly Financial statements
- Work with Line of Business owners to prepare annual budget
- Prepare year end account reconciliation and reporting in preparation of year-end review by external auditors
- Perform accounts payable duties as necessary
- Perform accounts receivable duties as necessary
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement within the department and work to develop and implement process changes
- Prepare monthly government filings
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience at junior financial level, or equivalent
- Post-Secondary education, preferably in business and finance
- Working towards an accounting designation
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Highly adaptable to changing technology
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access, Word)
- Epicor experience an asset
- Strong interpersonal, communications and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability and desire to travel in Canada and the USA
Buckland is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors.
Upon request, Buckland will make accommodations available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.