Accounts Receivable Collector
For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
Reporting to the Accounts Receivable Team Leader, the Accounts Receivable Collector is responsible for monitoring and coordinating collection of overdue receivables. He / she will be responsible for tracking progress, resolving client inquiries, and maintaining strong client relationships.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- Use monthly aging reports to monitor client collection problems and take appropriate action to ensure timely payment
- Prepare statements and reports for clients and internal users as required
- Identify delinquent accounts and recommend appropriate course of action
- Build and maintain strong client relationships
- Assist with invoice distribution as required
- Process credit applications and recommend appropriate client credit limits
- Ability to travel in between Canada and the US and other offices
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Completion of post-secondary education and/or minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- Proven experience in Business to Business collections
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication and confidence speaking with clients on the telephone
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Proficiency in Spanish is an asset
Buckland is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors.
Upon request, Buckland will make accommodations available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.