Director, Business Development
For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
Reporting directly to the Vice President Sales, Service and Marketing, and or his/her designee the Director, Business Development is responsible to promote and sell Buckland products and services. Working from the Laredo, TX office in conjunction with the Director, Southern Border (from whom he/she may also take direction) the Director, Business Development will generate new clients/customers in the Southern Border Region which includes the USA and Mexico. This is accomplished by networking, cold calling and any other means necessary to generate interest, and new business from potential clients. The individual will be responsible to develop the pipeline of new business opportunities in order to meet sales targets and objectives. The Director, Business Development is required to have a thorough knowledge of markets, industries, and geography which will assist in the evaluation of where the services and solutions of Buckland can be utilized in order to grow revenue. This individual will be able to articulate Buckland’s value proposition in order to meet with key decision makers. A team player they will work with various internal departments to provide new customer requirements, external market conditions and competitive intelligence.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- Grow revenue and profitability in alignment with company goals
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn into new revenue streams
- Cold call within geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Identify potential clients and decision makers within these clients
- Record all sales activity using CRM software
- Research and build new relationships
- Set up meetings with prospective clients
- Develop proposals based on the prospective clients needs
- Handle objections by clarifying and working through differences to have a positive outcome
- Represent the Buckland brand image
- Build new relationships through networking and prospecting
- Put together persuasive approaches and pitches to prospective clients
- Present products and services to prospects and feedback improvements or new product ideas
- Work with internal stakeholders and departments in order to meet customers’ needs
- Participate in customer on-going Business Reviews
- Attend industry functions, such as associations and conferences
- Provide feedback on new customer requirements, competitor information and market trends
- Identify opportunities for campaigns and sales channels that will lead to increased sales
- Develop unique selling approaches and value statements
- Preparing responses to requests for proposals (RFP's) and requests for quotations (RFQ's)
- Assist with building and implementing sales tools to grow Buckland’s sales capability
- A successful candidate will be able to source, develop, and close new business from cold call to starting business with Buckland.
- Must have a valid passport as a fairly high degree (60%+) of travel within Mexico and the US will be required.
- Be able to build and maintain a solid and profitable book of business.
- Build strong and lasting valuable relationships on behalf of Buckland.
- Must be able to drive new business, and identify areas of opportunity within existing clients.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related degree
- 5 to 7 years marketing or sales experience
- Proven industry-related sales experience (previously and successfully sold customs brokerage services
- Proven ability to meet, if not exceed, corporate sales targets
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong time management skills
- Proactive approach to meeting client needs
- Comfortable interacting on a regular basis and build strong relationships with Senior Management, Clients, Vendors, and Carriers and Customer Service department.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Manage customer relationships through creative problem solving
- Must have strong territory management experience
- Demonstrated networking and public speaking skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Competent with Microsoft suite of desk top software products
- Ability and desire to travel in Canada and the USA
If this describes you, we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.buckland.com to learn more about Buckland and apply through our Career page today.
Those applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in the application and/or interview process must submit their request to the Human Resources Department