Director, Policy and Partnerships
Director, Policy & Partnerships
Who We Are
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and data driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning.
The Bridge model delivers significant learning outcomes at large scale by combining technology and customized learning materials. At Bridge, we believe innovation and technology can transform learning. Our model – which uses technology to deliver thoroughly researched and carefully designed daily lesson guides to teachers in our academies – is proven to increase learning outcomes for children. We are a solutions-driven, implementation-focused organization, using design principles to work in varied and often highly constrained contexts to ensure learning outcomes and positive development for children. Working in regional and national scales is important to us, as empowering entire generations of children with core knowledge, skills, and confidence is what builds the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for us all.
Our mission is to provide our pupils with a life-changing education and we believe that every child should have a right to world-class education regardless of her family’s income. Core to our approach is the conviction that every child can learn, as long as the school she attends is committed to her development and puts her needs to learn at the forefront of all decisions. We have seen teachers and children transform and excel in both government and private schools that we support and manage.
We invite you to join this incredible endeavor that is having world-changing impact across multiple continents. You will join a team of dedicated change-makers committed to ensuring that each decision we make keeps a child’s experience of learning as its guiding principle.
Policy & Partnerships at Bridge
We work with Governments to support public school teachers to deliver quality lessons in class every day and leverage technology to build a comprehensive support system that is data driven and reaches across the value chain of Education delivery. We also ensure that all the stakeholders are well equipped to leverage data to make quality decisions that help drive increased learning outcome.
About the Role
Report to the Managing Director – Andhra Pradesh, to help design policies, build partnerships, and execute strategy to advance Bridge’s goals in Andhra Pradesh..
What You Will Do
- Work closely with the in-country Policy & Partnerships and Public Relations teams ,to ensure continuity and alignment of goals and strategy across Bridge regions
- Work in partnership with the Government of Andhra Pradesh to ensure Bridge schools become registered
- Working closely with the Country Policy & Partnerships team to design and execute strategies to implement legislation to create Private Public Partnerships (PPP) in education, also known as public charter schools
- Manage broader strategic stakeholder management with NGO/ donors/ think tanks/ academics and other important 'influencers’ to unlock new funding and advance Bridge’s standing with these important communities
- Utilize lead management techniques and maintain a detailed and dynamic database of these key influencer communities while tracking progress
- Network with new and unfamiliar audiences while preparing for and understanding your audience
- Partner with the in-country team on strategic communications to achieve our goals
- Work with local, regional and national officials and groups with respect to the Bridge International Academies’ registration, strategic efforts, and related activities
- Work with key stakeholders on consultative efforts to drive reforms in delivery of education to underserved communities
- Identify opportunities and work with partners in the private sector to drive efficient service delivery with government schools
- Identify CSR partners in the private sector to strengthen Bridge International Academies’ market presence and delivery
- Identify the larger contours of PPP and CSR relationships and be responsible for structuring PPP and CSR contracts
- Plan, develop, administer and evaluate programs, activities and daily operations related to the governmental affairs support function
- Coordinate complex interactions with legislators, legislative staff, other local and state officials, federal agency staff and other government officials/staff
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures for the government relations support function; monitor and evaluates program effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement; and
- Lead proactive and reactive media relations, social media, web-based communications, and others as necessary.
What You Should Have
- Master’s degree or vast experience in public policy, public relations, communications or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, public relations, communications or a related field
- Over 10 years’ experience in government, advocacy, or public sector
- Extensive knowledge of local, state and federal government organization and legislative processes in Andhra Pradesh’s primary education sector
- Regular contacts within the ministry of education or equivalent local and state regulatory bodies or easy access to make them
- Knowledge of local, state and federal government issues related to the provision of primary education in Andhra Pradesh
- Demonstrated ability to work with the Andhra Pradesh media, including local, national and regional media across print, broadcast and online
- Experience acting as an on-the-record spokesperson
- Prior experience within a fast-paced, metric driven consulting or educational organization
- Relationships with editors and reporters in the Andhra Pradesh media
- Excellent writing skills including the ability to draft press releases, statements, talking-points, and opinion pieces in partnership with Bridge Public Affairs
- Traditional and social media monitoring and participation skills and
- Experience working for a political, non-profit, or other social campaigns that concern an idea or a movement rather than a product.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a startup or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.