Associate, Quality Assurance
Who We Are
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and data driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning.
The Bridge model delivers significant learning outcomes at large scale by combining technology and customized learning materials. At Bridge, we believe innovation and technology can transform learning. Our model – which uses technology to deliver thoroughly researched and carefully designed daily lesson guides to teachers in our academies – is proven to increase learning outcomes for children. We are a solutions-driven, implementation-focused organization, using design principles to work in varied and often highly constrained contexts to ensure learning outcomes and positive development for children. Working in regional and national scales is important to us, as empowering entire generations of children with core knowledge, skills, and confidence is what builds the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for us all.
Our mission is to provide our pupils with a life-changing education and we believe that every child should have a right to world-class education regardless of her family’s income. Core to our approach is the conviction that every child can learn, as long as the school she attends is committed to her development and puts her needs to learn at the forefront of all decisions. We have seen teachers and children transform and excel in both government and private schools that we support and manage.
We invite you to join this incredible endeavor that is having world-changing impact across multiple continents. You will join a team of dedicated change-makers committed to ensuring that each decision we make keeps a child’s experience of learning as its guiding principle.
Bridge partners with the Liberia Government and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops his/her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. The education crisis is one that requires urgent, collective, and concrete action to surmount. While Liberia has some of the lowest rate of out of school children in the world, the education crisis is not just about out of school children, but also about children who are in school and not learning. In Sub Saharan Africa, statistics say that 88% or almost 9 out of 10 children and adolescents will not be able to read proficiently by the time they are of age to complete primary and lower secondary Education.
Bridge started operations in Liberia in 2016, partnering with the government to launch its first Public Private Partnership (PPP) for nursery and primary schools targeted at providing life changing education for families living in low-income areas in 8 Counties (Bomi, Grand Cap Mount, Bong, Grand Bassa, Margibi, Rivercess, Nimba and Montserrado). In 2017, Bridge Liberia further expanded its reach to the other marginalized and vulnerable communities in Grand Kru and Maryland Counties totaling 10 counties of operations in Liberia.
Today, Bridge Liberia works with both communities and governments to ensure thousands of children have access to either a well-run, high achieving affordable public school so that the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 4 of Quality Education becomes a reality for the millions of children in Liberia quickly. You will join a group of young and passionate Liberians taking concrete action to help address the education crisis in Liberia and ensure a better future for the children of Liberia
The schools run by Bridge, have to operate in the most efficient and effective way possible to enable us provide life changing education that is affordable to families living below the poverty line, and to governments with limited resources. This means there is no room for waste and inefficiencies. The Operations Team is responsible for the design, execution and management of the entire sequence of processes required to service the activities of each school, and for providing that support at scale in the most cost efficient and effective way possible. Operations is the nerve center of the company and is the interface that brings all school-level support functions together. Our mission is to provide a better service for our parents and governments, a better experience for our employees, and a stable platform on which we continue to scale our work.
About the Role
Quality Assurance Associates are the eyes and ears of the organization. Quality Assurance Associates are part of an existing highly-trained quality monitoring team focusing on systematic academy-level monitoring. The Quality Assurance Associate is driven, competitive, and always strives to win. The role requires someone who has a strict code of integrity. We are looking for an energetic and motivated individual willing to contribute his or her skills to the team to make the Quality Assurance team even more successful.
What You Will Do:
- Make daily visits to sets of schools (following the route assigned by your management)
- Perform audits using smartphone, and report the information back to the Support Office
- Work together with the Support Office to ensure that the academy management and monitoring systems and tools are well implemented and maintained as per Bridge standards at individual academies both by School leaders and teachers.
- Identify both positive and negative issues related to Bridge company policies, and providing valuable insights into critical business issues.
- Ensure that academies are compliant with procedural requirements through quality control and audit checklists of academy operations and management tools, materials and processes
- The new Quality Assurance Associate will join an existing highly-trained quality monitoring team focusing on systematic academy-level monitoring.
- Troubleshoot issues while still at academies
- Expect to work with new requests evolving within departments as stipulated by the company.
- Quality Assurance Associates will travel every single day to schools and are expected to spend a fair amount of time on the road.
What You Should Have
- Comfortable conducting audits (willing to indicate when something is not being done correctly.
- Willingness to travel every day and spend a significant amount of time on the road.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Flexible in adjusting to change and collaborating with other departments within organization to achieve company’s vision and mission.
- Able to "stand his/her ground" and not be convinced by any party (e.g. School leaders, teachers) to change the audit information
- Mature and independent - supervision will largely be done from the Support Office while you operate in the field.
- Tech-savvy: well conversant with smartphones, tablets, use of emails, able to learn about additional IT systems/applications.
- Process oriented and good at multi-tasking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Hard working with a positive can-do attitude; is able and willing to take on any challenge
- Prior experience conducting audits or experience in a quality assurance role is a plus
- Willingness to travel every day in all weather
- High Diploma or University graduate.
You Are Also:
- A detailed doer - You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver - Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate - The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner - You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker - When making decisions, you don’t rely your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator - You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions - and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.