Officer, Logistics – Based outside Lagos
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and
The Bridge model delivers significant learning outcomes at large scale by combining technology and customized learning materials. At Bridge, we believe innovation and technology can transform learning. Our model – which uses technology to deliver thoroughly researched and carefully designed daily lesson guides to teachers in our academies – is proven to increase learning outcomes for children. We are a solutions-driven, implementation-focused organization, using design principles to work in varied and often highly constrained contexts to ensure learning outcomes and positive development for children. Working in regional and national scales is important to us, as empowering entire generations of children with core knowledge, skills, and confidence is what builds the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for us all.
Our mission is to provide our pupils with a life-changing education and we believe that every child should have a right to
We invite you to join this incredible
Operations are central to how everything functions seamlessly at Bridge. The Operations group is responsible for all core operations within the region. This includes a central and distributed headquarters team that supports and monitors the academies’ operations and designs all the processes and systems that are critical to the success of each and every academy.
Supply Chain is at the forefront of building an incredibly lean organisation. Charged to ensure we are getting the best pricing, that our goods are transported efficiently and cleanly, and that our warehousing activities are highly organised and architected for growth and rapid change.
Bridge International Academies is looking for a Logistics Officer who will be responsible for providing efficient and cost effective Logistics and Supply Chain support services to support the business. The holder of this position will deliver
What You Will Do:
- Under the guidance of the Logistics Manager, Introduce a formalized and highly organized approach in the region to guide all distribution activities between headquarters and schools in
- Compilation of delivery schedules, route mappings, delivery tracking and reporting systems to ensure on time and complete deliveries
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with procurement, operations, construction, training, finance, research, administration and HR departments, taxi operators, motorcycle service providers and other partners within the Logistics services chain to create a partnership that adds value to Bridge International Academies
- Negotiation of prices, lead times and other contractual terms with distribution and transport contractors in the areas the region assigned.
- Reviewing and embedding with user departments the specifications for various logistics services required for school operations and other departments
- Creating and fostering relationships with diverse logistics and supply chain professional associations to ensure gainful experience and knowledge sharing
- Seek, evaluate and recommend reliable vendors or suppliers to provide quality logistics services at reasonable prices in the region.
- Determining distribution schedules and timing of deliveries to and from schools and keeping track of delivery times throughout the delivery process
- Working with department managers and other staff to forecast demand for logistics services and to ascertain that deliveries are dispatched recorded and signed for by recipients.
- Provide oversight over the material handling staff assigned to the region.
- Deal with and resolve any logistical challenges including failure by internal and external stakeholders to meet expected performance benchmarks
- Budgeting, reporting and analysis of Logistics costs to ensure high visibility and control of related expenses and proper allocation to user departments
- Periodic reporting of Logistics activities and projects in
- Working internally and with external legal support to ensure suitable agreements that would ensure appropriate terms of engagement with suppliers of high transport and delivery services
- Support School Operations, Technology, Training and Construction departments and other functions in legal and contractual processes for Logistics needs.
- Act as the Deputy Logistics Manager when called upon.
- Advise management on required areas of improvement to enhance Logistics processes
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years’ experience in management of Logistics and or Supply Chain services preferably for a large fast growing service or trading organization with multiple locations and diverse requirements
- Experience with Logistics management of construction materials in a large scale environment where both formal and informal vendors operate will be a definite advantage.
- Professional qualifications in Logistics/Supply Chain will be a key requirement
- Bachelors Degree in business, economics or other Social Science or related discipline or the equivalent
- Ability to present Logistics services feedback, policies and procedures to senior managers.
- Demonstrated ability to organize large volumes of Logistics requirements for a broad range of office and operational needs. Must have the ability to quickly learn and improve systems
hands onknowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications
You Are Also:
- Proactive – You don’t always need supervision and you are a self-starter. Your personal drive to succeed and deliver keeps you working when you may not have a supervisor with you.
- A detailed doer - You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind- You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver- Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging around $7 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and
affordablywith the materials at hand.
- A customer advocate- Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner -You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.