Manager, Customer Care
Who We Are
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and data driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning.
The Bridge model delivers significant learning outcomes at large scale by combining technology and customized learning materials. At Bridge, we believe innovation and technology can transform learning. Our model – which uses technology to deliver thoroughly researched and carefully designed daily lesson guides to teachers in our academies – is proven to increase learning outcomes for children. We are a solutions-driven, implementation-focused organization, using design principles to work in varied and often highly constrained contexts to ensure learning outcomes and positive development for children. Working in regional and national scales is important to us, as empowering entire generations of children with core knowledge, skills, and confidence is what builds the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for us all.
Our mission is to provide our pupils with a life-changing education and we believe that every child should have a right to world-class education regardless of her family’s income. Core to our approach is the conviction that every child can learn, as long as the school she attends is committed to her development and puts her needs to learn at the forefront of all decisions. We have seen teachers and children transform and excel in both government and private schools that we support and manage.
We invite you to join this incredible endeavor that is having world-changing impact across multiple continents. You will join a team of dedicated change-makers committed to ensuring that each decision we make keeps a child’s experience of learning as its guiding principle.
Bridge partners with the Liberia Government and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops his/her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. The education crisis is one that requires urgent, collective, and concrete action to surmount. While Liberia has some of the lowest rate of out of school children in the world, the education crisis is not just about out of school children, but also about children who are in school and not learning. In Sub Saharan Africa, statistics say that 88% or almost 9 out of 10 children and adolescents will not be able to read proficiently by the time they are of age to complete primary and lower secondary Education.
Bridge started operations in Liberia in 2016, partnering with the government to launch its first Partnership Schools for nursery and primary schools targeted at providing life changing education for families living in low-income areas in 8 Counties (Bomi, Grand Cap Mount, Bong, Grand Bassa, Margibi, Rivercess, Nimba and Montserrado) under MOE's multi-providers Partnership Schools for Liberia (PSL) program. In 2017, Bridge Liberia further expanded its reach to the other marginalized and vulnerable communities in Grand Kru and Maryland Counties totaling 10 counties of operations in Liberia. The program was later re-branded in 2018 to Liberia Education Advancement Programme (LEAP).
Today, Bridge Liberia works with both communities and governments to ensure thousands of children have access to either a well-run, high achieving affordable public school so that the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 4 of Quality Education becomes a reality for the millions of children in Liberia quickly. You will join a group of young and passionate Liberians taking concrete action to help address the education crisis in Liberia and ensure a better future for the children of Liberia
Operations are central to how everything functions seamlessly at Bridge. The Operations group is responsible for all core operations within the region. This includes a central and distributed headquarters team that supports and monitors the academies’ operations and designs all the processes and systems that are critical to the success of each and every academy. Operations work closely and take responsibility for the critical performance of our entire network of academies, including personnel management, instructional delivery, expenses& payroll, facilities and more. Effective management of academy operations is measured by:
Staff satisfaction and turnover
Cost of headquarters support per pupil
Educational outcomes as measured by academic testing programme
About the Role
Customer Care (CC) team provides telephonic and online issue resolution support to parents, School staff, community members and members of the general public. This department is the first line resolution center for any and all issues that may arise through all our contact channels (phone, email, whatsapp, web). They handle inquiries and ensure issues not resolved by the team are escalated to the appropriate department in the organization for prompt resolution. The team is also responsible for recording and tracking reported issues to support identification of system wide strategic improvements. This team works closely with all departments.
● Respond to, resolve and record all callers’ inquiries & complaints and maintain records of all interactions.
● Provide customers with process and service support with regards to all Academy operations, billing information, construction, marketing, curriculum support and IT systems support.
● Identify, resolve or escalate all reported issues and complete all call logs
● Research required information using all available resources to offer prompt resolution.
● Update the existing databases with changes and the status of each caller / reported issue.
● Make timely follow-up calls on initial contacts, to provide feedback and progress on issues raised.
● Data entry and maintenance of callers and potential customers’ data bases.
● Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Preferred Experience and Skills:
● Diploma in Customer Service, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Business Management or any related field.
● At least two years Customer Care experience, Customer Service or help desk support.
● Excellent oral and written communications skills.
● Customer service oriented, high level of motivation & professional telephone etiquette.
● Resilience, ability to function under high pressure environment, dependable, responsible, able to follow specific instructions as well as deliver on commitments.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills- fast and accurate typing.
● A responsible & positive attitude, able to comprehend, capture as well as interpret basic & complex caller information.
● Excellent people skills, ability to build rapport & relationships with all stakeholders.
● Quick decision-making abilities & independence, ability to ‘think on your feet’.
● Basic computer knowledge / technological skills, proficiency in Ms office suites, keyboarding skills adept in using search tools, browsers and common email application.
● Ability to adapt to change, meet the changing demands of the work environment, work long hours on different shifts across a 24-hr period & weekends.
● Ability to multitask, work well as an individual & part of a team; to exhibit objectivity and be open-minded towards the ideas and views of others, give as well as welcome feedback & contribute to team building.
● A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
● A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
● A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
● A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
● A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
● A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.