Management Accountant - Brighton
Brandwatch is one of the world’s best Social Media Monitoring applications. We help hundreds of clients discover, understand and respond to comments made on the web. Based in our Brighton HQ our finance team sit in the heart of Brandwatch’s operational hub. Making up part of the global finance team, we ensure that business runs smoothly and efficiently.
This is a stand-alone role, as part of a growing team for a recently acquired business. Giving broad responsibility for the financial management of the Business Unit, this is a fantastic opportunity for a Part Qualified accountant to hone their skills in a well rounded role, giving both access to technical accounting and business partnering for the BU. Reporting to the European FC, they will be solely responsible for all elements of accounting and reporting for the BU.
The will work directly with the Business Unit GM, acting as a business partner and single finance point of contact for all BU staff. Supporting process improvement projects and other tasks as directed by the European FC.
This position will be joining our fun and diverse finance team and will have plenty of opportunities to develop.
- Manage monthly billing for BU, including automated billings and manual billing
- Manage collections for small number of clients who are manually billed
- Manage interfaces between Stripe and other systems
- Revenue recognition and VAT accounting / reporting for the BU
- Deferred revenue management for the BU
- Managing and reconciling all BU bank accounts
- Payables processing and management
- Month end close, including accruals / prepayments and management reporting in line with group timetable
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations, and balance sheet review with GFC
- Budgeting and regular forecast updates with the BU GM and Group FP&A team
- Decision support: supporting BU GM along with Head of Business Intelligence and FP&A on changes to BU business model
- Audit support for BU legal entities
- Statutory accounts preparation and tax returns
- Supporting wider group finance in process improvement projects, developing best practices and leveraging tools to drive productivity
- Other ad hoc projects as determined by FC and BU GM
- Ambitious PQ accountant (final stages)
- Experience of accounting in a SaaS environment would be advantageous
- Knowledge of MOSS VAT and / or US sales tax would be a benefit
- Knowledge of Netsuite / Stripe again would be a benefit
- Part Qualified accountant
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced skill level in Excel and easily able to manage large data sets
Brandwatch will support the enrolment in study towards chosen Accountancy qualification i.e. ACA, CIMA, ACCA etc. as well as other training opportunities.
What we offer:
Benefits: We offer a range of benefits including; bike to work scheme, pension contribution, and discounted gym memberships.
Culture: Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. As a growing international company, with 6 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and above all we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch: Brandwatch Brighton is where it all began. We can be found in the vibrant North Laine in our brand new refurbished offices. Whilst we don’t believe in stereotypes, we do host yoga classes and Juice Mondays. We have cupboards bursting with snacks, a well stocked drinks fridge, monthly company lunches, flexible working spaces and if you’re lucky we'll even treat you to an ice-cream on the beach and you can enjoy one of our weekly massages right from the office.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.