Head of Business Systems
Brandwatch is the global leader in social and digital consumer intelligence, working with the biggest brands and most admired agencies worldwide. Digital consumer intelligence combine digital, survey, social and first-party data sources with data science and AI. This enables organizations like Unilever, Walmart, and Dell to find the signal in the noise, bring market research into the digital era, and understand consumer and market trends in real time. Home to over 500 people, from over 30 different nations, Brandwatch is a place that challenges, motivates and supports its staff to find answers to new problems in an ever changing social world. Better. Bolder. More Brilliant.
Following the merger of the Brandwatch and Crimson Hexagon businesses late in 2018, and as we continue our global expansion, we are now looking to hire a Head of Business Systems, reporting to the CFO, who can lead a review of our business processes, map out our business systems, liaise with key stakeholders and drive a full integration and transformation of our IT infrastructure. The role supports the global business and will be based in Brighton. This is an exciting opportunity that offers the right individual the opportunity to lead on the transformation of our business processes and systems and evolve them to meets the needs of our growing global business.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a hands-on, proactive approach
- Is adept at leading meetings with senior stakeholders and comfortable delivering technical content to a non-technical audience
- Embraces the importance of collaborative working but with the ability to work independently when required
- Understands the importance of deadlines and is willing to do all that is necessary to meet them
- Is a credible communicator with the confidence to interact at all business levels
- Can liaise with and organize external parties to help deliver results
- Can manage multiple projects with a cool and calm demeanour
You’ll need to:
- Review our business processes, data flows, quality of data and systems architecture
- Quickly map our business systems and identify where the issues are
- Provide a critique of the suitability of current systems and source new systems where necessary eg new billing system
- Establish relations with key stakeholders in the business and review processes
- Liaise with external software providers to find solutions where appropriate
- Develop a project plan to coordinate timelines and action plan to deliver system improvements
- Build a project team to include internal project managers, key business users and look to engage external IT consultants where appropriate
- Ensure best practice is taken from existing systems and rolled forward into integrated ones
- Liaise with Finance to agree on budgets for change
- Manage risks and issues, ensuring each project has an owner and that appropriate mitigation is in place
- Mobilise temporary project teams, providing task management and motivating staff to deliver to challenging timescales
- Ensure that the quality of the project's deliverables are acceptable, balancing this against time and quality
- Control project scope, delivery timeline and budgetary constraints, and report in a timely fashion any scope change requests
- Collaborate closely with other internal teams, including business operations, sales, marketing, client services, product, support and design, Finance
- Work on other projects as required
You should have:
- Relevant sector experience, preferably in a Saas or Technology environment
- Previous experience as a Head of Business Systems driving process improvements, business transformation and leading project management
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Netsuite, Adaptive, Zuora, Marketo, Gainsight, Mavenlink or other similar systems required together with other standard business systems including HR systems, payroll, POs, expenses, travel etc
- Solid and demonstrable experience of successful project delivery
- Exceptional time management and prioritisation skills, resilient under pressure, able to meet deadlines and able to work in a constantly changing environment.
- An ability to remain positive, with a 'can do' attitude and ability to find pragmatic solutions to challenges
- A passion for delivering high quality service and standards
- Very strong influencing skills
- Strong personal skills, be highly credible and able to gain respect and trust from executive level stakeholders
- Ability to articulate and be able to communicate effectively and present information on complex processes and technologies in a clear, business focussed language
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills
- Excellent people management skills
- A degree or equivalent experience in IT
Brandwatch is the world’s pioneering digital consumer intelligence suite, helping over 2,000 of the world’s most admired brands and agencies including Unilever, Walmart and Dell to make insightful, data-driven business decisions.
The company has made three acquisitions to date: PeerIndex (2013), BuzzSumo (2017) as a standalone content marketing platform, and Qriously (2019) to add global survey capabilities. Additionally, the company was bolstered by its merger with Crimson Hexagon (2018) to create the most comprehensive AI-powered social intelligence solution.
Brandwatch has offices around the globe including Brighton, Boston, New York, London, Berlin, Stuttgart, Paris, Madrid, Sydney and Singapore.
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits including; bike to work scheme, pension contribution and discounted gym memberships.
Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. As a growing international company, with 10 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and above all we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch:
Brandwatch Brighton is where it all began. We can be found in the vibrant North Laine in our brand new refurbished offices. Whilst we don’t believe in stereotypes, we do host yoga classes and Juice Mondays. We have cupboards bursting with snacks, a well stocked drinks fridge, sushi lunches, flexible working spaces and if you’re lucky we’ll even treat you to an ice-cream on the beach and you can enjoy one of our fortnightly massages right from the office.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does NOT accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.