UI Designer (Product Design) - Brighton
Social media is chaotic, unstructured, unpredictable, exciting. It is the voice of today.
We love it, because at Brandwatch we bring structure and meaning to these voices by building apps which harness the power of social intelligence, and answer the questions which matter most to our clients.
We are growing our product team and are looking for designers who can join us in our quest to build amazing products which push the boundaries of convention, have flair, originality, and make our customers sing out loud with delight.
We want the ooh and we want the ahh! We want personality, and we want grace. If you are a talented UI designer who is motivated by any of the above and want to work in a highly collaborative design team where your ideas count and can tangibly make a difference, then this could be the perfect role for you.
About the team you’ll be joining
Our product design team is split across Brighton, Stuttgart and Berlin with the majority of members at our headquarters here in Brighton. We have a wide range of skills from pure user research through to pure visual design, and a number of people with a blend in between. This role offers a great opportunity for you to help us innovate, develop and deliver, a consistently brilliant and delightful product experience.
About the role
You’ll report to our Creative Director, who heads up the product design team. Day to day you’ll be working with small cross-functional teams to help bring new products to life, or improve existing products. Product design and engineering teams sit right next to each other, and our culture is less ego, more, friendly and welcoming. You might join a particular product team for a while before moving on to another helping you become well versed in our product portfolio and see the bigger picture. And there’s a lot to see.
You will have:
- Strong commercial experience working on digital products (ideally web apps / SaaS) ideally focussing on UI design
- Confidence as a visual designer
- The ability to demonstrate strong core design principles in colour, typography, psychology, movement and behaviour
- Know how to work within established design systems / pattern libraries
- Be able to distil and translate complexity into crisp, modern, accessible, inviting designs
- Be able to execute all visual design stages from concept to release
- Document and communicate work efficiently and effectively
- Appreciate the value and be able to evaluate user research, testing and feedback
- Demonstrate excellence in their craft through a submitted portfolio
As an added bonus you will:
- Be conversant with the tools and methodologies used, and the outputs generated by UX/UI designers, Product Owners and Technical Architects
- Have knowledge of motion design
- Have a passion for Data visualisation
- Have experience working across multi disciplinary teams, such as engineering and marketing
Brandwatch is a growing international company with six offices across the globe and over 400 employees. We have many clients, and extensive roster of end users who are delighted to roll up their sleeves and help test new features and improvements.
We’re located in the vibrant North Laines of Brighton, in spacious, newly-refurbished offices. Beyond the usual benefits, we offer discounted gym memberships, host yoga + pilates classes complimented by our fresh Juice Mondays. We have cupboards bursting with snacks (including fresh fruit and veg) a well stocked drinks fridge, monthly lunches provided by local suppliers and flexible working spaces. If you’re lucky we’ll even treat you to an ice-cream on the beach and you can enjoy one of our weekly massages right from the office.
We think you’ll be surprised and delighted at how easy it is to do your best work here. Feel the satisfaction of nurturing a family of established and upcoming products through design sprints, collaborating with a team of people who get it, and who will support you every step of the way.
Join us. Think bold. Be brilliant.To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.