Front End Developer - Brighton or Remote - BuzzSumo
BuzzSumo provides social insights on what content is resonating online. Our SaaS product is used by over 3500 customers, ranging from publishers like BuzzFeed to Fortune 500 brands like Disney.
We are a small, remote team based mostly in the US and UK. We’re looking for a Front-End Developer to help us build the next version of BuzzSumo. You will be working mostly on our web application and website, helping us implement new UI/UX designs and building out new functionality.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Translate UI/UX designs into code
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Work alongside QA testers to address identified issues
- Help identify and fix bugs
- Help develop new automated browser tests
- Good knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Web standards
- Knowledge of CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience working with RESTful JSON APIs and single page applications.
- Familiarity with Git
- Basic CLI knowledge
- Experience with modern build tools
Nice to Have Skills
- Bootstrap 3/4
- Backend programming experience, ideally PHP (Laravel) or Ruby
- SQL / MySQL knowledge
- Experiencing with Selenium based browser testing libraries
- Knowledge of Wordpress
What we offer:
Benefits: We offer a range of benefits including; bike to work scheme, pension contribution and discounted gym memberships.
Culture: You will join the Brighton-based team of Brandwatch, our parent company. Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. As a growing international company, with 8 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and above all we support each other.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.