Senior Research Analyst - New York
A fast growing and important element of Brandwatch's work is to offer bespoke insights reports to our clients, providing strategic recommendations about their brands, competitors and industries. This role sits in the Research Services team, reporting to the Research Manager (RM). Our team’s mission is to enable clients to use social research to understand their customers and markets, and to make better, data led decisions. The analysis skills needed are largely qualitative; it is important that the candidate is skilled in interpreting meaning from textual data. The successful candidate will be commercially minded, and able to demonstrate that they can understand consumer motivations and translate these into suggested actions for a business.
We are hiring a new Senior Research Analyst to join our Insights team and help us produce high quality and insightful reports, as well manage some of our larger research projects and ongoing relationships.
- Senior analysts will be involved in leading client relationships with larger clients, in scoping/designing methodologies and will be more client facing than less senior team members.
- Develop clear and engaging research proposals following a customized client brief. Writing bespoke one-off and regular reports, working with account managers to ensure delivery is on time, on budget and to client's satisfaction.
- Present your research back to the client (both face to face and over the phone) and hold Q&A sessions regarding your work.
- Project manage on-going and ad hoc research projects for some of our largest, strategic accounts, with assistance from RM.
- Suggesting and creating compelling research for sales collateral, our blog, industry events and so on.
- Staying up to date with the social media industry, in particular news relating to new analytical ideas and methodologies.
- Continually seek to identify, suggest and implement improvements both to the Brandwatch Platform and our research methodologies.
- Collaborate closely with customer success managers to ensure strong client relationships, actively suggesting research additions and improvements and providing regular updates and feedback.
- Manage and oversee validators and translators when required
- Coach and mentor more junior members of the team.
Skills you will learn:
- Excellent understanding of market research and social media
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills (trend spotting, data exploration and methodology awareness.)
- Advanced proficiency using Brandwatch and MS suites to address client needs.
- Strong business writing and communication skills, to support client needs.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Become well versed in the major channels and sites in social media.
- Calm under pressure and collaborative in their working style.
- Highly organised and capable of managing workload and meeting deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 4+ years of experience in a commercial research environment, ideally with some exposure to working with social media data.
- Experience in data/statistical analysis, with the ability to highlight the interesting/actionable finding in a broad and complex dataset.
- An excellent communicator, with the ability to clearly explain complex ideas and data, both verbally with clients and in written reports.
- Commercially minded and comfortable talking with clients.
- A good level of competency in Excel (including formulas & charting), Word and PowerPoint.
- Client account management or research sales experience preferred.
- The ability to quickly pick up use of new technologies.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
What We Offer:
Benefits: We offer a generous 25 paid vacation days, 9 national holidays, and 5 personal days. We also offer a customizable set of benefits including health/dental/vision coverage, 401K match, discount gym membership, and commuter benefits.
Culture: Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. Crain’s New York noticed this and voted us as one of the ‘Best Places to Work’ for the past 3 years. As a growing international company, with 7 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and, above all, we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch: Brandwatch New York is the seat of our growing Americas business. We can be found in the vibrant and central Flatiron district, with excellent restaurants, shopping, and of course Madison Square Park. Our light-filled offices have cupboards bursting with snacks, well-stocked drinks fridges, and sushi days.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.