Research Analyst - Brighton
A fast growing and important element of Brandwatch's work is to offer bespoke insights reports to our clients, providing strategic recommendations about their brands, competitors and industries. This role sits in the Research Services team, and their mission is to enable clients to use social research to understand their customers and markets, and to make better, data led decisions. The analysis skills needed are largely qualitative; it is important that the candidate is skilled in interpreting meaning from textual data. The successful candidate will be commercially minded, and able to demonstrate that they can understand consumer motivations and translate these into suggested actions for a business
- Conducting analyses following a customized client brief. Writing bespoke one-off and regular reports, working with account managers to ensure delivery is on time, on budget and to client's satisfaction.
- Present your research back to the client (both face to face and over the phone) and hold Q&A sessions regarding your work.
- Provide prescriptive guidance and recommendations to clients
- Project managing/co-ordinating other contributors to complete parts of larger reports.
- Suggesting and creating compelling research for sales collateral, our blog, industry events and so on.
- Staying up to date with the social media industry, in particular news relating to new analytical ideas and methodologies.
- Stay up to date on the full range of Brandwatch products and advanced research methods
- Continually seek to identify, suggest and implement improvements both to the Brandwatch Platform and our research methodologies.
- 1-2 years experience in a commercial research environment, ideally with some exposure to working with social media data.
- Solid understanding in marketing/market research and social media
- A good level of competency in Excel (including formulas, pivot tables & charting), Word and PowerPoint
- An analytical mind and can make sense of quantitative and qualitative data and make recommendations based on consumer trends.
- Strongly analytical, with the ability to highlight the interesting/actionable finding in a broad and complex dataset.
- Commercially minded and comfortable talking with clients at all levels
- An excellent communicator, with the ability to clearly explain complex ideas and data, both verbally with clients and in written reports.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Calm under pressure and collaborative in their working style.
- Highly organised and capable of managing workload and meeting deadlines.
- The ability to quickly pick up use of new technologies
Benefits: We offer a range of benefits including; bike to work scheme, pension contribution, childcare vouchers and discounted gym memberships.
Culture: Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. As a growing international company, with 6 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and above all we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch: Brandwatch Brighton is where it all began. We can be found in the vibrant North Laines in our contemporary offices. Whilst we don’t believe in stereotypes, we do host yoga classes and Juice Mondays. We have cupboards bursting with snacks, a well stocked drinks fridge, sushi lunches, flexible working spaces, weekly massages and if you’re lucky we’ll even treat you to an ice-cream on the beach.e of our fortnightly massages right from the office.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.