Business Development Representative - New York
Do you want to get in on the ground floor of a successful, fast-growing social and marketing tech company? Are you looking for a fun and challenging sales position that provides quick career growth into a closing role? Are you passionate about sales, driven to build a sales career and develop your skills? If the answer is yes, then apply today!.
Brandwatch is continuing to build our US sales teams. We are seeking a Sales Development Representative that will develop to become top performers in our commercial teams. The sales development team is responsible for generating new business opportunities and developing revenue stream leads that feed into the sales pipeline both from inbound and outbound generated leads.
This role plays an important part within the sales team and requires someone with experience qualifying and nurturing sales leads.
- Prospect, educate, qualify and develop sales-ready leads and opportunities
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
- Consistently deliver against goals to ensure company revenue objectives are met
- Interact with prospects via cold calling and email to generate interest in Brandwatch products
- Daily KPI’s include dials, connections, pipeline generated and revenue
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop account to stimulate opportunity
- Attend industry events to generate sales leads
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of Brandwatch industry trends, and competitors
- Update CRM (salesforce.com) to ensure data is accurate
- College degree with a strong academic background
- 1-5 years of sales experience required
- Experience selling a software or technical product
- Strong communications, analytics, and listening skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Self-starter and hardworking, with a track record of success and drive for achievement
- Team player with ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment
- Sales training, pre-call planning, and/or Salesforce software experience is a plus
- Competitive salary base & commission
- Sales training - with performance driven career enhancement
- Strong performers have an opportunity to quickly move into a full cycle sales role
- Team networking and social events
- Complete Brandwatch product certification
Benefits: We offer a generous 25 paid vacation days, 9 national holidays, and 5 personal days. We also offer a customizable set of benefits including health/dental/vision coverage, 401K match, discount gym membership, and commuter benefits.
Culture: Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. Crain’s New York noticed this and voted us as one of the ‘Best Places to Work’ for the past 4 years. As a growing international company, with 6 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and, above all, we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch: Brandwatch New York is the seat of our growing Americas business. We can be found in the vibrant and central Flatiron district, with excellent restaurants, shopping, and of course Madison Square Park. Our light-filled offices have cupboards bursting with snacks, well-stocked drinks fridges, and sushi days.To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does NOT accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.