Front-End Developer (Website team) - Brighton
Brandwatch are currently looking for a skilled and design-oriented web developer to join our website team, based in our Brighton office. The website team delivers a huge range of projects across our four international websites, seen by millions of people every year. Working within the design and development team, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the codebase
- Creating new web experiences, from content systems to interactive data tools
- Being actively engaged and involved throughout the whole design and development process
This role requires someone who loves all things web. Our aim is to continue to build an enviable and industry-leading web experience, tying together our products, tools, great content and networking events. Above all, we’re looking for someone with a passion for great web design and elegant code.
Skills and requirements:
You’ll be proficient with modern web development methodologies, including:
- Front-end tooling, including npm and bundlers or task runners such as webpack/gulp
- Familiar with modern HTML/CSS methodologies (BEM, Atomic) and SASS or LESS
- PHP7 and object oriented programming
- Familiarity with using source control
- Working with pattern libraries and component-based web design
- Be excited to learn and implement new technologies
Additional (but not essential):
- Experience working closely with designers and an eye for detail
- Experience working from, and with, Sketch and Illustrator files
- Unit testing, or the desire to learn
- Wordpress experience
What we offer;
Benefits: We offer a range of benefits including; bike to work scheme, pension contribution, childcare vouchers and discounted gym memberships.
Culture: Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. As a growing international company, with 6 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and above all we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch: Brandwatch Brighton is where it all began. We can be found in the vibrant North Laines in our contemporary offices. Whilst we don’t believe in stereotypes, we do host yoga classes and Juice Mondays. We have cupboards bursting with snacks, a well stocked drinks fridge, sushi lunches, flexible working spaces, weekly massages and if you’re lucky we’ll even treat you to an ice-cream on the beach.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does NOT accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.