Research Strategist - New York
A fast growing and important element of Brandwatch's work is to offer bespoke insights reports to our clients, providing strategic recommendations about their brands, competitors and industries. This role sits in the Research Services team. Our team’s mission is to enable clients to use social research to understand their customers and markets, and to make better, data led decisions. The analysis skills needed are largely qualitative; it is important that the candidate is skilled in interpreting meaning from textual data. The successful candidate will be commercially minded, and able to demonstrate that they can understand consumer motivations and translate these into suggested actions for a business.
We are hiring a new Research Strategist to join our Insights team and help us produce high quality and insightful reports, as well manage some of our larger research projects and ongoing relationships.
- Engage with clients/prospects and translate business objectives/goals into research solutions.
- Develop clear and engaging research proposals/briefs.
- Work on service RFPs and contract renewals.
- Build a research plan that maps to business/project objectives with timelines and accountabilities.
- Execute on research plan and build a narrative with data that is engaging and actionable.
- Oversee some larger/complex research projects requiring new methodologies and/or multiple research analysts.
- Provide prescriptive guidance and recommendations to clients.
- Review client deliverables for substance, accuracy, spelling/grammar and provide constructive feedback.
- Coach/mentor more junior members of the team.
- Present research findings/insights to senior level executives.
- Stay up to date on the full range of Brandwatch products (including Audiences, Vizia) and have a solid understanding of API applications and advanced research methods (including sampling, network analysis, Gephi, etc.).
- Stay up to date on industry trends and broader market research methods, share interesting sources with the RS team and find opportunities for potential data integration projects.
- Suggest and help to implement improvements to team workflow/process.
- Host planning and workshop sessions with clients: tailor consultancy sessions to the needs of specific teams. Focus areas may include: best practices for social research, research methods, mapping business strategies to research frameworks and deliverables, data integration and alignment, automation techniques, storytelling with data and more.
- Help build exposure and thought leadership for the team internally and externally (representing BW at events, blogging, webinars, etc.).
Skills you will learn:
- Excellent understanding of market research and social media
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills (trend spotting, data exploration and methodology awareness.)
- Advanced proficiency using Brandwatch and MS suites to address client needs.
- Strong business writing and communication skills, to support client needs.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Become well versed in the major channels and sites in social media.
- Calm under pressure and collaborative in their working style.
- Highly organized and capable of managing workload and meeting deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience in a commercial research environment, ideally with some exposure to working with social media data.
- Experience in data/statistical analysis, with the ability to highlight the interesting/actionable finding in a broad and complex dataset.
- An excellent communicator, with the ability to clearly explain complex ideas and data, both verbally with clients and in written reports.
- Commercially minded and comfortable talking with clients.
- Strong skills manipulating data and creating charts in MS Excel, PPT or similar.
- Client account management or research sales experience preferred.
- The ability to quickly pick up use of new technologies.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
What We Offer:
Benefits: We offer a generous 25 paid vacation days, 9 national holidays, and 5 personal days. We also offer a customizable set of benefits including health/dental/vision coverage, 401K match, discount gym membership, and commuter benefits.
Culture: Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. Crain’s New York noticed this and voted us as one of the ‘Best Places to Work’ for the past 3 years. As a growing international company, with 7 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and, above all, we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch: Brandwatch New York is the seat of our growing Americas business. We can be found in the vibrant and central Flatiron district, with excellent restaurants, shopping, and of course Madison Square Park. Our light-filled offices have cupboards bursting with snacks, well-stocked drinks fridges, and sushi days.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.