Research Analyst - Chinese or Russian speaking
Brandwatch is the world’s pioneering digital consumer intelligence suite, helping over 2,000 of the world’s most admired brands and agencies including Unilever, Walmart and Dell to make insightful, data-driven business decisions.
The company has made three acquisitions to date: PeerIndex (2013), BuzzSumo (2017) as a standalone content marketing platform, and Qriously (2019) to add global survey capabilities. Additionally, the company was bolstered by its merger with Crimson Hexagon (2018) to create the most comprehensive AI-powered social intelligence solution.
Brandwatch has offices around the globe including Brighton, Boston, New York, London, Berlin, Stuttgart, Paris, Madrid, Sydney and Singapore.
About the role
This role sits in the Research Services team, reporting to a regional Research Manager (RM) in either Brighton or Berlin. Our team’s mission is to enable clients to use social research to understand their customers and markets, and to make better, data lead decisions. The analysis skills needed are largely qualitative; it is important that the candidate is skilled in interpreting meaning from textual data. The successful candidate will be commercially minded, and able to demonstrate that they can understand consumer motivations and translate these into suggested actions for a business.
Skills and experience required
- Experience in commercial research, including trend-spotting, data exploration and methodology awareness.
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
- Written and spoken fluency in Chinese or Russian.
- A strong level of competency in Excel (including formulas, pivot tables & charting), Word and PowerPoint. Able to quickly pick up use of new technologies.
- Well versed in social media, able to identify benefits and limitations of social media data relative to other market research methods.
- Conduct consumer insights research using Brandwatch Analytics to a high standard, on time and in accordance with the research brief. Bring your creativity and strategic thinking to solve client problems with data.
- Project manage regular and ad hoc research projects: effective communication, managing the client relationship, actively suggesting research additions and improvements, actively providing regular, structured updates and feedback to the RM
- Collaborate closely with customer success managers to ensure strong client relationships.
- Assist in training and providing feedback for more junior members of the team.
- Drive creative solutions: new methodologies, new ways of solving problems using Brandwatch data, new ways of improving efficiency.
- Staying up to date with the social media industry, in particular news relating to new analytical ideas and methodologies.
- A curious, analytical mind that can make sense of qualitative data and make recommendations based on consumer trends.
- An excellent communicator and a data storyteller, with the ability to clearly explain complex ideas and data, both verbally with clients and in written reports.
- The ability to enjoy working collaboratively with fellow analysts is key, as many of our projects are undertaken by teams rather than individuals.
- Positivity, humour and ability to remain calm under pressure in a deadline driven environment.
- Someone who cares about the quality and integrity of their work, with a high sense of personal accountability.
What we offer
Benefits: We offer a range of benefits including; bike to work scheme, pension contribution, and discounted gym memberships.
Culture: Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. As a growing international company, with 10 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and above all we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch: Brandwatch Brighton is where it all began. We can be found in the vibrant North Laine, whilst we don’t believe in stereotypes, we do host yoga classes and Juice Mondays. We have cupboards bursting with snacks, a well stocked drinks fridge, sushi lunches, flexible working spaces and if you’re lucky we’ll even treat you to an ice-cream on the beach and you can enjoy one of our fortnightly massages right from the office.