UX Researcher - Brighton
Social media is chaotic, unstructured, unpredictable, exciting. It is the voice of today. We love it, because at Brandwatch we bring structure and meaning to these voices by building apps which harness the power of social intelligence, and answer the questions which matter most to our clients.
We are growing our product team and are looking for designers who can join us in our quest to build amazing products which push the boundaries of convention, have flair, originality, and make our customers sing out loud with delight.
We want the ooh and we want the ahh! We want personality, and we want grace. If you are a talented UX designer who is motivated by any of the above and want to work in a highly collaborative design team where your ideas count and can tangibly make a difference, then this could be the perfect role for you.
About the role;
Day to day you’ll be working with small cross-functional teams to help bring new products to life, or improve existing products. Product design and engineering teams sit right next to each other, and our culture is less ego, more, friendly and welcoming. You might join a particular product team for a while before moving on to another helping you become well versed in our product portfolio and see the bigger picture. And there’s a lot to see.
We are looking for a user-experience (UX) Designer with a focus in user research and data analysis.
You will be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and testing, interpreting the gathered data, translating them into user requirements and communicating your findings effectively with other team members.
Your expertise should cover the full range of user research techniques, from early user requirements gathering (e.g. interviews, surveys), to iterative usability testing.
- Planning and conducting user research (contextual queries, interviews, workshops and surveys), user testing, heuristic analysis.
- Facilitation of brainstorming sessions and design user workshops.
- Clearly framing the problems at hand and thinking creatively in generating possible solutions.
- Comfortable with presenting research findings to the team as well as wider audiences in creative and inspiring ways.
- Analyze web analytics to generate meaningful usage insights.
- Translate findings into user stories, journeys, personas, jobs to be done, empathy/experience maps, presentations etc.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD) with empathy for the user.
- Experience conducting usability tests, card sorts, field studies, survey analysis, and journey map analysis.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting and be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions.
- Degree-level qualification (preferably postgraduate) in Design Research, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or a related relevant field.
- Significant experience (3+ years) as a UX Designer/Researcher in an non-academic environment.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, Axure, InVision, Lucidchart, and the like is a must.
Icing on the cake;
- Knowledge of usability and collaboration tools.
- Mixpanel experience.
- Have working knowledge of accessibility requirements.
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
Brandwatch is a growing international company with six offices across the globe and over 400 employees. We have many clients, and extensive roster of end users who are delighted to roll up their sleeves and help test new features and improvements.
We’re located in the vibrant North Laines of Brighton, in spacious, newly-refurbished offices. Beyond the usual benefits, we offer discounted gym memberships, host yoga + pilates classes complimented by our fresh Juice Mondays. We have cupboards bursting with snacks (including fresh fruit and veg) a well stocked drinks fridge, monthly lunches provided by local suppliers and flexible working spaces. If you’re lucky we’ll even treat you to an ice-cream on the beach and you can enjoy one of our weekly massages right from the office.
We think you’ll be surprised and delighted at how easy it is to do your best work here. Feel the satisfaction of nurturing a family of established and upcoming products through design sprints, collaborating with a team of people who get it, and who will support you every step of the way.
Join us. Think bold. Be brilliant.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.