Java Developer - Stuttgart
Brandwatch is one of the world’s best Social Media Monitoring applications. We help hundreds of clients discover, understand and respond to comments made on the web.
As we continue our fast expansion, we are hiring Java Developers in our Stuttgart-based office. We are looking to hire passionate developers, with a love for technology that can contribute to building and scaling the infrastructure that powers our products.
Be part of something incredible.
Your role will include:
- Working with a cross-functional team on a key area on an exciting roadmap.
- Being a contributor to the backend infrastructure of our products, either through building in existing codebases or creating new services. A typical selection of technologies include Java 8, Spring, HBase, Solr, Kafka and Postgres.
- Contributing to the department as a whole through working together collaboratively. We all review pull requests, mentor each other and give technical talks.
You should have:
- Applicable industry experience of writing and shipping high quality code
- An analytical mind and a self-starting attitude to problem solving
- A motivation to tackle major technical challenges
- Experience of, or a strong interest in, big data technologies
- Sound practice of agile development: Unit testing, Continuous integration and deployment (Git, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes), and Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
Experience you will gain in this role:
- Exposure to infrastructure on the terabyte to petabyte level
- Working on data pipelines processing large amount of image and textual data
- Making an impact on the growth of an ambitious technology company
- Working with an extremely talented team
- Small teams of skilled people, in a friendly and relaxed environment. Be yourself.
- Work with people all over the world
- 10% of your time to work on something new, reading groups, tech talks, generous training and conference budgets, and any technical books you need
What we offer:
Benefits: Offering a range of benefits including: 30 days paid holiday and health/benefits packages.
Culture: Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. As a growing international company, with 6 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and above all we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch: Brandwatch in Stuttgart can be found in a spacious loft-like office located in the centre of Stuttgart in a nice courtyard (recently awarded first place in ‘urban gardening’ in Stuttgart). We have cupboards bursting with snacks (a range to satisfy all taste buds), fruit boxes, drinks fridges… and of course coffee. Not to forget; Frühstück Fridays, Sushi Wednesdays, regular massages, foosball and ping pong. You can climb up to our green roof-top terrace if you want to take some time out to clear your head or to do some blue-sky thinking.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes