Community Engineer - Brighton
Here at Brandwatch were are always looking to challenge the status quo, to be effective and efficient. With that in mind we are looking to hire an experienced developer to join us as a Community Engineer in our Vizia team. Interfacing between 3rd party developers and our internal product team you will play a pivotal role in ensuring that best practice is adhered to, all documentation is easily found, training can be accessed and technical feedback is shared. You will be an active member of the development community, be comfortable imparting technical know-how and be intrinsically motivated to make life better for all those working around you.
In this role you will:
- Work directly with clients to help define their requirements and guide them to the code and documentation they need to do the job
- Maintain and extend tooling that allows clients and internal developers to build on the Vizia platform
- Add to an impressive toolkit of components that showcase the power of Vizia and let people build on it faster
- Create thoughtful documentation that answers questions before they become worries.
- Be an effective communicator
- Be interested in tooling that makes coding more productive
- Frequently participate in one or more developer communities (e.g., local meetups, OSS, Slack or IRC channels, Twitter, conferences or hackathons)
- Find it difficult to resist writing READMEs, code comments, and API documentation
- Enjoy debugging someone else's code at least as much as writing your own bugs
- Seek code/tooling solutions to commonly encountered bugs
- Be invigorated by teaching and pairing.
Icing on the cake (having a few of these should all but guarantee a great fit):
- Previously held a community engineer/dev relations/evangelism role
- Maintained an open source project with 100 or more users
- Taught technical subjects in workshops, bootcamps, screencasts, or similar
- Published technical content in a book, blog, tutorials, or conference talks
- Been employed in a customer service role
- Designed and coded tools, libraries, or frameworks to improve repeated tasks
What we offer:
Benefits: We offer a range of benefits including; bike to work scheme, pension contribution, childcare vouchers and discounted gym memberships.
Culture: Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. As a growing international company, with 6 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and above all we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch: Brandwatch Brighton is where it all began. We can be found in the vibrant North Laines in our brand new refurbished offices. Whilst we don’t believe in stereotypes, we do host yoga classes and Juice Mondays. We have cupboards bursting with snacks, a well stocked drinks fridge, sushi lunches, flexible working spaces and if you’re lucky we’ll even treat you to an ice-cream on the beach and you can enjoy one of our weekly massages right from the office.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.