Buzzsumo Marketing Executive- Brighton UK
With rapid, worldwide growth, we are hiring a Marketing Executive to help deliver our ambitious marketing strategy. A broad range of work across most of the modern marketing stack will likely keep you learning daily and moving the needle on our performance from the outset.
Team is at the core of BuzzSumo’s success. A lean, efficient, fun and committed group within Brandwatch, BuzzSumo employees work in several locations around the world to develop and maintain the world’s leading content intelligence platform.
BuzzSumo’s crisp, clear interface makes sophisticated data insights available in a self-serve format for more than 3000 paying customers, including best in class brands such as Buzzfeed, Ogilvy, Pfizer, Condé Nast, Expedia, and IBM.
- Become an expert in the BuzzSumo platform, developing a concise (and growing!) mental catalog of all the ways a marketer can use BuzzSumo.
- Work on exciting projects including:
- launching a new website,
- an SEO overhaul,
- a branding refresh,
- marketing innovative product releases,
- high value research based marketing,
- much, much more!
- Collaborate with the broader team on specialist work such as:
- Conversion optimization
- Paid media experiments
- Business as usual marketing tasks, eg:
- Email marketing
- Social media
- Content management
- Influencer engagement
You’ll also get to:
- Travel to team meetings as needed (last year we met in London, New York, and Orlando).
- Attend events representing BuzzSumo and speak at prestigious digital marketing conferences should you wish.
- Develop your marketing skill set two fold, by becoming an expert marketer or marketing software to marketers!
A good fit for this role will be:
- A brilliant communicator - in writing, in person, you’re great at breaking things down and telling stories
- An on-the-fly problem solver
- Fearless about learning
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Able to set goals and execute on projects independently
Required skills and experience:
- Experience in a broad-scope marketing role preferably in the tech/B2B space
- Superior writing ability, with proven skill in creating strong, easy-to-understand narratives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment (From 240 characters to 20,000 words, we like to write!)
- An understanding of the business value of content marketing
- Fluent in English (additional languages beneficial)
Icing on the cake would be:
- Experience using BuzzSumo
- Previously held a role as a content marketer
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ years of experience in cross channel marketing, B2B technology preferred
- Solid campaign management experience and organizational skills including the ability to set and drive requirements across multiple functional areas
- Self-starter mentality – ability to “take a project and run with it”
- Experience with marketing automation such as ActiveCampaign, Intercom, etc.
Benefits: We offer a range of benefits including; bike to work scheme, pension contribution, childcare vouchers and discounted gym memberships.
Culture: The BuzzSumo Marketing Executive will join the Brighton-based team of Brandwatch, our parent company. Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. As a growing international company, with 6 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and above all we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch: Brandwatch Brighton is where it all began. We can be found in the North Laine in our contemporary offices. Whilst we don’t believe in stereotypes, we do host yoga classes and juice Mondays. We have cupboards bursting with snacks, a well stocked drinks fridge, sushi days, flexible working spaces, weekly massages and if you’re lucky we'll even treat you to an ice-cream on the beach.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.