Product Designer (UX focus) - Stuttgart
Social media is chaotic, unstructured, unpredictable, exciting. It is the voice of today.We love it, because at Brandwatch we bring structure and meaning to these voices by harnessing the power of social to drive intelligence and answer the questions which matter most to our clients.
We are growing our product design team and are looking for someone to join us on our quest to build amazing SaaS products which push the boundaries of convention, have flair, originality, and make our customers sing out loud with delight.
We want the ooh and we want the ahh! We want personality, and we want grace. If you are a talented UX designer who is motivated by any of the above and want to work in a highly collaborative design team where your ideas count and can tangibly make a difference, then this could be the perfect role for you.
About the team you'll be joining;
Our product design team is split across Brighton, Stuttgart and Berlin. We have a wide range of skills from pure user research through to pure visual design, and a number of people with a blend in between. You will be working in an interdisciplinary team in Stuttgart, collaborating with engineers on a day to day basis, but report to our Head of IA.
About the role;
This role offers a great opportunity for you to help us innovate, develop and deliver a consistently brilliant and delightful product experience. Day to day you’ll be working with small cross-functional teams to help bring new products to life, or improve existing products. Product design and engineering teams sit right next to each other, and our culture is less ego, more friendly and welcoming. You might join a particular product team for a while before moving on to another helping you become well versed in our product portfolio and see the bigger picture. And there’s a lot to see.
- Have broad commercial experience working on digital products (ideally web apps / SaaS) focussing on UX design
- Submit a portfolio that demonstrates excellence in your craft - especially the process that leads to outputs and outcomes
- Be comfortable conducting user research, usability testing as well as translating findings into design opportunities
- Be able to plan, organise and execute all aspects of the design stage from concept to prototype
- Be conversant with the tools and methodologies used by Product Managers and Technical Architects
- Know how to work with established design systems / pattern libraries
- Be able to distil and translate complexity into crisp, modern, accessible, inviting experiences
- Be comfortable working with and presenting to a variety of stakeholders - from developers to senior management
- Have experience driving UX design within an agile / lean development environment
- Document and communicate your work efficiently and effectively
As an added bonus you might:
- Understand and be conversant with the core design principles in colour, typography, psychology, movement and behaviour
- Have a passion for data visualisation
- Have designed and tested information dashboards before
- Have experience working across multi-disciplinary teams, such as engineering and marketing
Brandwatch is a growing international company with six offices across the globe and over 400 employees. We have many clients, and extensive roster of end users who are delighted to roll up their sleeves and help test new features and improvements.
Brandwatch in Stuttgart can be found in a spacious loft-like office located in the centre of Stuttgart in a nice courtyard (recently awarded first place in ‘urban gardening’ in Stuttgart). We have cupboards bursting with snacks (a range to satisfy all taste buds), fruit boxes, drinks fridges… and of course coffee. Not to forget; Frühstück Fridays, Sushi Wednesdays, regular massages, foosball and ping pong. You can climb up to our green roof-top terrace if you want to take some time out to clear your head or to do some blue-sky thinking.
We think you’ll be surprised and delighted at how easy it is to do your best work here. Feel the satisfaction of nurturing a family of established and upcoming products through design sprints, collaborating with a team of people who get it, and who will support you every step of the way.
Join us. Think bold. Be brilliant.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.