Java Developer (Intern / Praktikum) - Stuttgart
During this exciting time at Brandwatch we are looking for Interns who want to gain software development experience in our Stuttgart Engineering Team.
We are a group of people around the world working together to create something amazing – doing something no-one has done before, and in a way no-one has thought of. This is the ideal opportunity for students that are looking to gain industry experience as part of their computer science related degree. It’s an internship that will give you interesting problems to solve, and the chance to learn new skills and work with new technologies.
As a Java developer intern you will be placed, typically for 6 months, within the Stuttgart engineering team working with current backend technologies.
The duration of the internship is 6 month up to 12 month.
What are we looking for?
- An upcoming graduate that is looking to join a technology focused and innovative company
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- A self-starter with a passion and a drive for experimentation and technology
- Demonstrated Java development skills, preferably including first experience with dev tools such as Intellij, Maven, Git, Linux
- Keen to experiment with technologies such as Spring, Apache Kafka, Apache Solr, Hadoop (Data) and PostgreSQL
If you fit the bill and you're looking for a fascinating challenge don’t hesitate in applying.
- Small teams of skilled people, in a friendly and relaxed environment
- Quiet hours for developers so you can work uninterrupted throughout the morning
- Work with people all over the world
- 10% of your time to work on something new, reading groups, tech talks, generous training and conference budgets, and any technical books you need
What we offer:
Benefits: Offering a range of benefits including: 30 days paid holiday and health/benefits packages.
Culture: Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. As a growing international company, with 10 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and above all we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch: Brandwatch in Stuttgart can be found in a spacious loft-like office located in the centre of Stuttgart in a nice courtyard (recently awarded first place in ‘urban gardening’ in Stuttgart). We have cupboards bursting with snacks (a range to satisfy all taste buds), fruit boxes, drinks fridges… and of course coffee. Not to forget; Frühstück Fridays, Sushi Wednesdays, regular massages, foosball and ping pong. You can climb up to our green roof-top terrace if you want to take some time out to clear your head or to do some blue-sky thinking.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.