Junior IT Engineer
Brandwatch is the world’s pioneering digital consumer intelligence suite, helping over 2,000 of the world’s most admired brands and agencies including Unilever, Walmart and Dell to make insightful, data-driven business decisions.
The company has made three acquisitions to date: PeerIndex (2013), BuzzSumo (2017) as a standalone content marketing platform, and Qriously (2019) to add global survey capabilities. Additionally, the company was bolstered by its merger with Crimson Hexagon (2018) to create the most comprehensive AI-powered social intelligence solution.
Brandwatch has offices around the globe including Brighton, Boston, New York, London, Berlin, Stuttgart, Paris, Madrid, Sydney and Singapore.
The Brandwatch IT team provides quality and professional support to all members of staff. We pride ourselves with positive energy and approachability which continually makes our staff feel comfortable with receiving IT support. Our goal is to always provide the best support possible while ensuring each staff member has a great experience. If you are a social person, give off good vibes, work with a smile and love technology, then this is the job for you!
As an IT engineer you will support the internal technical needs of every Brandwatch employee within our Boston office while assisting the rest of the IT team with supporting other employees worldwide. This is a hands-on role and you will be expected to plug in cables, lift heavy items at times and occasionally use tools. Brandwatch staff will rely on the technical solutions you create,deploy and support to effectively deliver reliable services to the company’s customers.
The Boston IT engineer will be the face of the IT team in Boston supporting 75+ people and will report to Brandwatch’s IT Manager based in Brighton.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Troubleshooting network connectivity issues
- Troubleshooting Audio-Visual issues within conference rooms
- Setting up and supporting important company meetings within break-out rooms using Audio-Visual equipment
- Supporting Google Apps and other cloud based productivity services
- Assisting the Apple Systems Administrator with the support, maintenance and management of macOS and iOS devices
- Dealing with a range of support requests through to completion, particularly from users based locally in Boston
- Complete IT inductions for new employees during the company’s onboarding process
- Implementing new and improved technology solutions to meet staff needs
- Advising staff on the best use of provided technology for their work needs
- Procurement and management of hardware and software licences
- Providing support for company conferences and other events
- Manage IT assets using our JIRA asset tracking system
Must Have Requirements:
- 2+ years of technical support within an office environment
- Experience with Apple hardware, macOS and iOS
- Audio-Visual and teleconferencing equipment experience
- Experience working with a ticketing system
- An understanding of network fundamentals
- Passion about technology
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized and comfortable while working under pressure
- Ability to learn and develop
- Self motivation
- Knowledge of ITIL or similar methodologies
- Understanding of data security and its importance
- Understanding of information security management and security compliance (preferably to industry standards on ISO27001)
- Some experience with macOS terminal
Nice To Have:
- Knowledge of one or more of: JIRA, DeployStudio, Munki, OpenVPN, LDAP, Sensu, Google G-Suite and Google Apps, Puppet
- Ability to script tasks with Bash, Python or Ruby
- Experience with supporting Microsoft Windows and Linux
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Apple certifications and/or other technical certifications
- Small teams of skilled people, in a friendly and relaxed environment
- Work with people all over the world
What we offer:
Benefits: We offer a customizable set of benefits, including health/dental/vision coverage, 401K/retirement funds, generous paid vacation, and commuter benefits.
Culture: Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. As a growing international company, with 10 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and above all we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch: Brandwatch in Boston operates with the highest level of integrity and keep our code of ethics in mind for everything that we do. Our light-filled office has a kitchen bursting with snacks, fresh fruit, and fridge stocked with drinks and, of course, coffee.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.