Big Data Systems Graduate Engineer - Brighton
Are you a soon-to-be computer science graduate looking for an opportunity in the tech sector?
As a Big Data Systems Graduate you will get the opportunity to work in an organisation where open-source technology is king, with some of the most advanced technologies in the market, develop industry leading specialist skills and gain an insight into large scale, big data driven platforms and systems.
Here at Brandwatch we are both renowned for, and passionate about, tackling challenging problems surrounding big data, and the systems and structures to support our ever growing business. We are looking for computer science graduates with a similar passion, that want to understand the bigger picture and develop deep industry expertise.
Throughout the program you will get the opportunity to work as part of our Data Infrastructure team responsible for the data storage and retrieval systems, primarily focusing on the Hadoop Ecosystem including; Solr, HBase, Hadoop, Zookeeper and Kafka. They also work with our PostgreSQL databases.
What are we looking for?
- An upcoming graduate that is looking to join a technology focused and innovative company
- A self-starter with a passion and a drive for experimentation and technology
What’s in it for you:
- The ability to gain valuable insight into the essential role of infrastructure, databases and big data systems on a data driven business
- On the job training across a number of operating systems (Linux; Debian and Ubuntu), languages (Python, Bash, Java), systems (Hadoop Ecosystem), tools (Puppet, Ansible)
- Opportunity to collaborate with a world class engineering team delivering essential business services
- An open, communicative and supportive learning environment to build on your degree knowledge
So if you fit the bill and you're looking for a fascinating challenge don’t hesitate in applying.
- Small teams of skilled people, in a friendly and relaxed environment
- Quiet hours for developers so you can work uninterrupted throughout the morning
- Work with people all over the world
- 10% of your time to work on something new, reading groups, tech talks, generous training and conference budgets, and any technical books you need
What we offer;
Benefits: We offer a range of benefits including; bike to work scheme, pension contribution, childcare vouchers and discounted gym memberships.
Culture: Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. As a growing international company, with 7 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and above all we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch: Brandwatch Brighton is where it all began. We can be found in the vibrant North Laine in our brand new refurbished offices. Whilst we don’t believe in stereotypes, we do host yoga classes and Juice Mondays. We have cupboards bursting with snacks, a well stocked drinks fridge, sushi lunches, flexible working spaces and if you’re lucky we’ll even treat you to an ice-cream on the beach and you can enjoy one of our weekly massages right from the office.