The Graphic Designer/Illustrator collaborates with the Design Director, other designers, editorial staff members and account managers to ensure the timely and quality production of information graphics, iconography, and custom illustrations. Ideal candidates will be able to maintain high design standards, provide excellent customer service, complete graphic research, work on daily deadlines, and has solid typography skills.
This in-house position is based in our downtown Boston office.
- Create original information graphics using Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to translate researched information into visually stimulating and intellectually engaging typography, illustration and infographics
- Page and brochure layout using inDesign and Illustrator
- Researching and organizing content for graphics
- Ordering and searching for stock images
- Transitioning easily between multiple topics and aesthetics
- Incorporating feedback and updates to completed graphics
- Ensuring timely delivery of graphics per assigned delivery date
- Strong written and oral communication skill
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Experience dealing directly with clients
- Well-organized and able to work consistently on recurring projects
- Proficiency using the Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong conceptual thinker
- Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design or related field
- Advanced courses in Typography
- Strong layout and color application
- Page and brochure layout designs demonstrated in portfolio
Benefits Include: Health, Dental, Vision, Colonial Life, 401k with Match, Commuter Benefits, Parental Leave, Paid Time Off, in-office perks and more!
To learn more about Brafton, Check out our Careers Page!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY | E-VERIFY: Brafton is an Equal Opportunity employer. In addition to federal law requirements, Brafton complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfers, leave of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Brafton (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).