Creative Director, Video
This Boston-based role is an exceptionally talented creative director with demonstrated team management experience. He or she oversees all video team staff and products. Products include, but are not limited to, Motion Graphics Animation, Studio Production, On-Location Videography work and Video Blogs.
The Creative Director, Video role is comfortable collaborating across teams in a fast-paced setting, with the goal of supporting his or her team toward delivering beautiful, engaging, on-brand video content for Brafton's client base on-brief and on-time.
Reporting to the COO, the Creative Director, Video will work to mentor and support Brafton's video team staff in the production of quality, on-brief and evolving creative video content. She or he closely trains and supports video staff as they work to refine and evolve their design skills sets, and supports them in cross-team and client-facing communication and collaboration at each stage in the relationship.
Additionally this position ensures smooth, reliable workflows to support overall quality and efficacy of Brafton's video deliverables.
In collaboration with the COO and the CEO, the Creative Director, Video will work to define, build and beta test new products and deliverables.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Team Mentorship & Support
- Comfortably lead and inspire direct reports.
- Manage cross-departmental processes and relationships.
- Collaborate autonomously with other leaders in the business toward resolving client, quality or delivery issues.
- Model exceptional client service and communication at all client touch points.
- Work with Brafton's video team members to evolve and upskill the team's abilities.
- Support the team through continuing internal education around video content marketing creation and best practices.
- Collaborate with Brafton's Executive Team to define, build and beta test new products and deliverables.
- Identify and help implement workflow improvements.
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions.
- Perform and/or delegate administrative management and HR-related tasks, including conducting, participating in or leading team performance reviews.
Delivery & Production
- Managing video team assignments and supporting both videographers and motion graphic designers in prioritizing their allocations.
- Balancing available resources (in-house staff and freelance budgets) with client-facing deadlines.
- Ensuring that the video team achieves departmental delivery targets and client-specific deadlines.
- Assist Account Management, Product Management and Directors in quoting and executing on a special video projects.
- Refine workflows to achieve even and reliable delivery across the month.
- Attending weekly team and delivery check-ins with the COO to review overall delivery, freelance budgets and any client-related or internal issues.
- Leading in other management tasks including but not limited to:
○ Team communication
○ Business-facing communication
○ Client-facing communication
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling, impactful and effective commercial motion graphic animations for a variety of clients and target audiences.
- Demonstrated mastery of necessary programs, software and applications.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills.
- Strong management and communication skills at both the team and client levels
- Responsible, reliable, well-organized and highly self-motivated
- Ability to think on feet, multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure
- Proven communication and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a team toward full and even delivery in an agency production environment
- Experience and/or comfort level when working with Project Management, Account Management and Sales
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in a relevant field
- 4-5 years of relevant management experience
- Experience in digital marketing and ongoing interest in search engine optimization/SEM
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of new/emerging digital advertising technologies and techniques
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly pick up on training and product knowledge
- Open to coaching and on-going education of products
- Excellent presentation and phone skills with the ability to clearly articulate compelling value propositions for Brafton’s Proposal/SOW
Benefits Include: Health, Dental, Vision, Colonial Life, 401k with Match, Commuter Benefits, Paid Time Off, in-office perks and more!
To learn more about Brafton, CHECK US OUT HERE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY | E-VERIFY: Brafton is an Equal Opportunity employer. In addition to federal law requirements, Brafton complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfers, leave of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Brafton (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other nonimmigrant status).