WE’RE FUN! WE’RE FAST! WE’RE CASUAL!
Bob's Stores is a Northeast retailer of branded apparel and footwear and is synonymous with terrific brands, great value and great service. With 30 locations in numerous states, our agenda is loaded with great stuff to excite both our customers and our associates.
Enjoy working with a diverse team where exceptional efforts are recognized and rewarded in a job that is fun, fast and casual? Then apply now!
As a Store Manager you will be responsible for achieving sales and profitability goals by managing excellent customer service, driving sales and maintaining overall store standards while leading a team to accomplish strategic business objectives. In this role, the successful Store Manager will be an effective communicator with a motivational and persuasive personality, and thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment. Having previous experience as a General Manager for a large retailer will allow an easy transition into understanding all aspects of the business to ensure that focus remains on key business initiatives, store presentation, marketing execution and daily operational cost controls.
- Be a dynamic leader with obvious presence
- Promote and sustain Bob’s Stores Culture by embracing and holding all Associates accountable for BOB’S operating principle of “The Customer is Why”
- Lead by example and provide excellent customer service, holding all Managers and Supervisors accountable for ensuring current customer service standards are executed. Drive service standards through current company sponsored programs
- Oversee visual aspects of store; maintain a dynamic merchandising strategy with an emphasis on merchandising presentation, space allocation, sale promotions and floor sets; set the expectation and maintain store standards
- Manage expense control awareness, planning and execution to meet store budgets; monitor and control monthly store expenses to maximize profitability
- Manage in-store scheduling to ensure monthly payroll budgets are met
- Analyze business trends using all available tools. Ensure efforts are directed towards Customer service, driving sales and profitability, including supporting all company sponsored business-driving initiatives
- Own the recruitment, interviewing and hiring process of all candidates for employment
- Ensure the learning and development of all Sales Managers and Supervisors, as well as assist in the development of all associates.
- Manage the Front-End operation, including providing direct support to the Customer Service Supervisor in all front-end processes.
- Ensure all areas of the selling floor, stock room, and office area are maintained; oversee the shipping/receiving processes
- Understand, embrace and execute all company directives, including all current company policy and procedures.
- Maintain an appropriate and effective level of communication; coach subordinates to do the same.
- This is a full-time, salary role with a varied schedule that will require day, evening, weekend and holiday shift, with some overnight shifts during seasonal floor sets. Flexible availability required.
- 2-5 years supervisory/management experience required, specifically in a store management role
- Skilled communicator (in person, via telephone and e-mail). Read, and interpret information received via mail, and electronic communications.
- Strong business analysis; highly organized; exceptional follow through
- Soft-line visual merchandising experience highly preferred
- Ability to suggestively sell and be persuasive; coach/reinforce sales techniques with team
- Problem solving and decision making skills (reading, writing, analysis, prioritizing, delegating, listening, speaking, etc.)
- College degree preferred but not required
- Experience working with apparel and footwear preferred
Bob's Stores, a member of the SDI USA, LLC family also operating Eastern Mountain Sports, is an equal opportunity employer offering dynamic career opportunities and generous employee discounts.