Technical Design Associate
Sports Direct International, the largest sporting goods retailer in the UK with a portfolio of over 30 globally recognized brands entered the US market with the purchase of Bob’s Stores and Eastern Mountain Sports. We operate brick and mortar stores in the Northeast, EMS adventure schools, and continue to expand our company websites: EMS.com and Bobstores.com.
We are seeking a Technical Design Associate to join our Sourcing and Product Development team in our Home Office in Meriden, CT. The Technical Design Associate is responsible for supporting the technical design process from development through bulk production and to work with production and sourcing to meet deadlines and deliver a quality product.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update all technical files.
- Schedule and communicate internal fittings based on sample flow.
- Prepare for daily fittings: measure fit samples, analyze construction of samples to ensure standards are met and discuss discrepancies with Technical Designer prior to fittings.
- Take notes and photos during fittings.
- Maintain sample closet.
- File and organize the paper patterns coming from vendors for each season.
- Keep track of samples via proto tracker in Microsoft Excel.
- Create fit comments on PLM based on the Technical Designer’s fit comments.
- Measure the proto samples and TOP samples.
- Basic understanding of how to accurately measure garments, garment construction and fit, and garment sizing.
- Confident verbal and written communication skills with all levels of the company, required.
- Strong sense of team work.
- Exceptional organizational skills that can be used across all platforms - from physical samples and patterns, to maintaining digital files.
- Proficiency using MS Office: Excel, Word - overall strong computer skills and a willingness to learn industry standard PLM programs such as Centric - actual experience using PLM is a bonus.
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator – preferred.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to multitask competing priorities in order to meet deadlines.
Preferred Education / Work Experience:
- Fashion Curriculum College or Design Degree in Pattern making or/and Technical Design – preferred.
- Previous experience in technical design is a plus.
Here is what we offer you...
We are committed to providing a diverse benefits package designed with options to help satisfy all the health care needs of our full-time employees and their families. Some of our best benefits come with our culture. We’re fun! We’re fast! We’re casual!
Our benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Group term life insurance – Company paid
- Short-Term Disability – Company paid
- Long-Term Disability – Company paid
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation days
- Paid sick time
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous Employee Discounts
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Critical Illness, Accident, Identify Theft and Legal coverage options
We are an equal opportunity employer. We know that the more diverse our workplace is, the more creativity and perspective we will have as a company!